PDA

View Full Version : particles, vertices and color

fedayi
05-13-2008, 05:31 AM
hey guys, it me agian, with another question.

but first the back story.
i have a sphere, that is emmiting cloud particles.
i want the particles to have color.

but i want the particles that its emmiting from the vertices, to have the color that is on the sphere.

so the sphere has multiple colors, and i want the particles to have the same color that is on that vertices.

i tried putting the ramp on the color of the particles, but each particle got the ramp color.
i tried putting multple sphere with multiple emmiters with the different colors, but that took alot of particles, and didnt show up properly, since the cloud particles kept on going inside one another and it looked really bad.

please any help would be highly appreciated.
thanks alot.
i

Aikiman
05-13-2008, 05:38 AM
Yes, it can be done by putting the texture into the surface emitter attributes then turn emit from texture to on. Makes sure you have an rgbPP as well.

fedayi
05-13-2008, 06:06 AM
okay, im having problems selecting inherit texture rate checkbox

step by step.
created sphere, and create emit from object

attributes created an rgbPP, but didnt do anything to it.

opened hypershade and created a ramp.

opened up the attribute editor for the emmiter object and in the texture emmision attributes, middle draged the ramp from the hypershade into the texture rate.

but the checkerbox is still greyed out.

im checked the help, folowed it step by step, yet it still is greyed out.

help me

Aikiman
05-13-2008, 06:59 AM
Sorry fedayi, I set you on the wrong track a little bit cause I wasnt able to check. You should dump it on the Particle Color attr under texture emission attrs and click on 'inherit color'. However Ive just realised this works for hardware shaded particles and not sure how it connects with cloudy ones because that would involved the particle sampler info node i think.

fedayi
05-14-2008, 04:40 AM
okay okay, so i now gotta figure out how to do it with clouds.
ima try to get it to work with hardware. and see if theres anything that can be done.
thanks alot for your help.
but if there any more out there with any ideas, i would appreciate it.

untelon
05-16-2008, 01:41 AM
I believeit is also possible to do it with particle clouds as well. It is a little bit more work but it works just as well.

After you plug a texture to the emission attribute "Particle Color" and enabled "Inherit Color"; you would want to add the attribute rgbPP to your particle shape.

In the Hypergraph, create a particle cloud shader and apply it to your particles (your particle shape should also be of the type "Cloud").

In the Hypershade, bring up your particle cloud shader and create a particle sampler utility node. Drag it over the cloud shader and connect it to the "color" of the cloud shader (rgbPP >> Color). That should do it.

:)

Aikiman
05-16-2008, 02:16 AM
I believeit is also possible to do it with particle clouds as well. It is a little bit more work but it works just as well.

After you plug a texture to the emission attribute "Particle Color" and enabled "Inherit Color"; you would want to add the attribute rgbPP to your particle shape.

In the Hypergraph, create a particle cloud shader and apply it to your particles (your particle shape should also be of the type "Cloud").

In the Hypershade, bring up your particle cloud shader and create a particle sampler utility node. Drag it over the cloud shader and connect it to the "color" of the cloud shader (rgbPP >> Color). That should do it.

so it does, cheers untelon :)

fedayi
05-16-2008, 05:28 AM

Hey man
thanks alot
I tried something similar, I tried something similar, I tried connecting an array mapper to the inherit color, which was also the same ramp used in the rbgPP attribute node. But I failed.

this is easy and it works.
I took a look at the file you provided. Thanks
was able to recreate it after a quick glance at the connections.
is it okay if I can keep it for reference?

On a side note, there is a problem with the maya help on "inherit color"
it doesnt say that you can only do it on hardware render particles. its says it can be done on points and even spheres and then tells you what to do. Which after following it thoroughly it still didnt work. Gave me the wrong connections to put it in.
I may have done something wrong, but im sure I followed it properly. It may be me, so if someone does test it out and if im right or wrong, let me know please.

Aikiman thanks alot for your help too.

Aikiman
05-16-2008, 05:36 AM
nps, yep it will work for all particles.

CGTalk Moderation
05-16-2008, 05:36 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.