PDA

View Full Version : Nina

DAJYMO
05-16-2003, 09:30 PM
Hallo.
Here is a game character to my 3d porfolio. Any critique is welcome. :thumbsup: ore :thumbsdow

// JIMI

NeoNautica
05-17-2003, 06:35 AM
If its for your portfolio I would Highly suggest rigging and posing it... The default arms out, legs straight look could cost you the job since it would be like 80% of the other models the studio would see...

I would also suggest putting a wireframe of the model into the composition so potential employers could see if the mesh is clean and would be easy to animate... Might also place the texture map(s) in there too...

If you wish to go the extra mile: Since it is a game model rig it as a UT2k3 player model and get a screenshot of it in game... I think you'll also learn more about game modeling when you put your characters into an engine (if you haven't done it before)...

DAJYMO
05-17-2003, 08:13 AM
Well i modeled her like this, so i think i will have to learn about rigging. And i have to learn how to put my characters into an engine.

Here is the wireframe

DAJYMO
05-17-2003, 08:17 AM
// JIMI

Ravennome
05-17-2003, 09:45 AM
Good work, I agree with Neo, you should pose here, and maybe give her a prop. Also you may want to pull back on the make up a bit, she looks a tad over worked up the eye shadow.

Also one last thing, and this is just an observation, but you may want to consider replaceing the biohazard symbol with either an original design or something more obscure. Why you ask well first off that symbol is way over used and doesn't really show much creativity. You obiviously have talent and you should put it to good use here. A lot of developers I know have tatts and really dig cool ink on cg characters. Also something you might not know, but that symbol can actually be offensive as it used in certain circles to mean something other than what you have in mind. You could tick off your perspective employer... Just something to think about.

mindrot
05-17-2003, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by zainlars
...Also one last thing, and this is just an observation, but you may want to consider replaceing the biohazard symbol with either an original design or something more obscure...

must agree with zainlars on the tattoo bit... other than that pretty damn sweet....

Go on pose her :bounce:

DAJYMO
05-18-2003, 02:34 PM
I aggre that its not to creative to use a Biohazard symbol as a tatto. I just thaught it wold be cool. But i didn`t know that it culd be offensive. So i will change the tatto, mabey a tribal sun ore something.

Thanks fore your replays
// JIMI

rikimountain
05-19-2003, 07:04 AM
the skin tone and the body tone doesn`t fit together... but, i adore her!
cool work!:buttrock:

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 04:03 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.