PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Rigging/Skin binding problem

Kchaos
05-12-2008, 05:47 PM
Hi everyone, the following is my problem. After setting up a skeleton for my model using FBIK, I bind the skin of my model to the skeleton and did some weight painting on the skin. Satisfied with the weight painting, I saved my work. At this point of time, my character is still in a standing position.

The next day however, when I opened my work, the entire skeleton looks crumpled and my model was in a kneeling position with several other joints rotated.

I wonder if anyone here has encountered the same problem as I did and managed to overcome it. Your advice and tips in solving this problem would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Kchaos
05-18-2008, 02:21 PM
After starting my work from where the rigging is still working, i realised that the problem reoccurs whenever i make my skin a collision object. However, if the skin does not become a collision object, then can the cloth still drape over the model or is there a way to overcome this?

CGTalk Moderation
05-18-2008, 02:21 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.