PDA

View Full Version : Dual 24" or Single 30" Monitor for 3D/Vid Edit...

knight0013
05-12-2008, 03:00 AM
Software I use:

3DSMAX
Premiere
After Effects
(no games)

I'm currently using a single 21" monitor, but am looking into getting a new machine soon. Looking at the dual Xeon quads. My friend always ran a dual monitor setup for the same software and I loved being able to move windows and toolbars out of the way. Would a single 30" be able to achieve the same thing due to the increased resolution?

Dual 22" / 24" or a single 30" ?

The price for either setup is about the same, but I'd like to hear some opinions and or experience.

Thank you,

Knight0013

salmonmoose
05-12-2008, 03:10 AM
It's personal preference really;

Many applications don't work seamlessly with 2 monitors, and often you'll be restricted to using just one for an application.

That said, it's useful to never have to 'switch away' using your second monitor for web/reference/console/etc which is why I opt for dual screens (nothing so decadent as 24", 2 matching 20" monitors for me).

Dan-ker
06-05-2008, 09:28 AM
2x24" not daubt.If you use only one, You will always use it for the main screen of your program.

I_am
06-05-2008, 10:17 AM
I have 3 X 19 inch

works a charm.. have max in 2 screens and photoshop (or any other program) in the 3rd

sometimes depending on what im doing.. i have photoshop, internet explorer and max in each screen

you may need the triplehead2go adaptor

Software I use:

3DSMAX
Premiere
After Effects
(no games)

I'm currently using a single 21" monitor, but am looking into getting a new machine soon. Looking at the dual Xeon quads. My friend always ran a dual monitor setup for the same software and I loved being able to move windows and toolbars out of the way. Would a single 30" be able to achieve the same thing due to the increased resolution?

Dual 22" / 24" or a single 30" ?

The price for either setup is about the same, but I'd like to hear some opinions and or experience.

Thank you,

Knight0013

CGTalk Moderation
06-05-2008, 10:17 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.