PDA

View Full Version : Fullpower

dogaweb
05-11-2008, 03:59 PM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/nvart/153963_1210517948/680bound
(http://assets.cgsociety.org/nvart/153963_1210517948/1024bound)

Title: FullPower
Description: art held in 3dsMax9 with the render MentalRay, with Unwrap UVW mapping, and maps of normalmaps, specular made in Photohop etc. ..
The textures I created in Photoshop so the composition of the 3d with the 2d were merging into a single image., My references to train was searching inspiration in ancient photos and modern locomotives on the Internet, wich starting from there I created my own version of a train.
The image represents the strength and power of big events, and green (preservation) and more on this issue today, as well is in computer graphics, then represent in this trace of green lights .
The strength and power that are in the train wich breaks the darkness bringing light and hope to those who lost their will to overcome the difficulties of life and profession.

Archaic09
05-13-2008, 06:30 PM
great render. i really like the symbolic meaning of the peice.

dogaweb
05-17-2008, 06:40 PM
thank you very much Archaic09
earned by comment

Samione
05-17-2008, 10:10 PM
Not bad, although I think the design is extremely lacking. At the moment it feels incomplete, design is about the communication of information, i'm not getting that from this peice. It feels more like an over post processed render. I think you could have had a much more subtle colour scheme. I'm not a fan of the random swirls either, or much of the effects you used, they feel like you just overused photoshop. They all feel very superfluous, especially the paint splat. If I were you I would've dropped all of that and focussed on the main element of this piece which is the train. You could've done something beautiful with just the train perhaps abandoned- with a design spanning it's length, at least that would have been a direction I would've have pursued. Don't think i'm singling you out either, alot of entries have done similar things to you. Especially the over use of photoshop to create seemingly superflous superficial effects. Sorry if it this seems a bit harsh, but i'm being honest.

dogaweb
05-17-2008, 10:40 PM
Samione Hello!
you for your point of view and sincerity in your comment.
I love to create effects in photoshop, but seek to use the minimum possible of the filters.
One more thing about the filters Twist or any other similar purchase were not used to create this work, light curves s the only effect of the filter used in Photoshop was the Gaussian Blur ...
I am creating a new art for this contest and I hope it ends in time to put it.
and believe it will be as good as this, I feel that this image has not pleased him, but I particularly liked much to make this work.

but thank you for comment and criticism

dogaweb
06-25-2008, 02:34 AM
:) good luck to all artists

fahadkhan
06-25-2008, 12:02 PM
thats an amazing piece.

dogaweb
06-26-2008, 12:25 PM
Hi fahadkhan
thanks friend, thank you for your comment, I was very happy

CGTalk Moderation
06-26-2008, 12:25 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.