PDA

View Full Version : Web design

CoolBird
05-11-2008, 07:59 AM
Hi all i just switch into cs3, i was using like ps7 b4 and was fine making web sites with image ready and stuff but now i don't know how to make a web page with the new cs3 anyone can help me out? what the relationship with ps and dw now ??? how do i send my design in ps into dw and make it into a web site!!!

3dj
05-11-2008, 03:13 PM
Yeah, I am in the same boat ... very frustrating (although I knew they did away with image ready), I can't even get my PS CS3 files into fireworks 8 to go that route. Something has changed and it seems the whole industry went some other way since I last did a site! LOL! I'll be watching this thread as well as investigating this. So if I come up with any info I'll report back.

-Jim

TheNeverman
05-12-2008, 10:10 PM
I seem to remember Adobe saying that the close integration of photoshop with Dreamweaver would allow you to drag-and-drop images from photoshop into your Dreamweaver templates...

TheNeverman
05-12-2008, 10:21 PM
dupe post...

erilaz
05-13-2008, 12:46 AM
Press F1 and find out.

Seriously, have you actually looked over the documentation and training videos? They even point you to video demos on the Adobe site dealing with Photoshop and Dreamweaver web site development.

3dj
05-13-2008, 02:47 AM
Press F1 and find out.

Seriously, have you actually looked over the documentation and training videos? They even point you to video demos on the Adobe site dealing with Photoshop and Dreamweaver web site development.

Yes seriously dude. I just tried to go about it the way I always did, and found out nothing was working. Now with your gracious post, I will look at adobe's videos and see how to drag and drop a DHTML flyout menu that I used to do in Fireworks. Can't wait to figure that one out LOL!

prixatw
05-13-2008, 11:00 AM
...I can't even get my PS CS3 files into fireworks 8...

I think thats where you're going wrong. PS CS3 needs Fireworks CS3!

Have a look at this video in particular:
Adobe TV (http://tv.adobe.com/#v=http%3A//adobe.edgeboss.net/flash/adobe/adobetvprod/taming_the_web/17_ttw_002.flv%3Frss_feedid%3D946%26xmlvers%3D2)

3dj
05-13-2008, 01:27 PM
I think thats where you're going wrong. PS CS3 needs Fireworks CS3!

Have a look at this video in particular:
Adobe TV (http://tv.adobe.com/#v=http%3A//adobe.edgeboss.net/flash/adobe/adobetvprod/taming_the_web/17_ttw_002.flv%3Frss_feedid%3D946%26xmlvers%3D2)

I tried it, but I have Fireworks 8, it wouldn't open my document from PS CS3. Actually, I started my layout in Illustrator, took that to PS and then when I would try to import the PSD into Fireworks, it would crash. (I just realized that Fireworks is up to date with the CS3 lineup.) I'm sure that should cure my problems.

On another note, do any of you guys apply any code in Illustrator? I know there are options, but I don't know if it is worth adding any interactivity there or not.

-Jim

sacslacker
05-13-2008, 10:38 PM
Perfect example of why one should learn to hand code if you're going to do any type of serious web development. Not to preach but it's the truth.

3dj
05-14-2008, 12:59 AM
Perfect example of why one should learn to hand code if you're going to do any type of serious web development. Not to preach but it's the truth.

Yeah, I know enough to trouble shoot my own errors, but then again, if I was implementing my layouts on a more consistent basis, I wouldn't have even been in this thread ;-)

Typically, working for a creative firm, we hand off the design and over see the development. However, for the occasional freelance old old web 1.0 "info" site, the usual worked just fine.

-Jim

mostafa-mkram
05-16-2008, 09:14 PM
Hi
The new member here
The preferred site of the lessons they need
http://www.adobe.com/designcenter/video_workshop/

Neil
05-21-2008, 02:38 PM
i never understood the whole fireworks logic. Even as a total beginner of web development, its still easy as pie to just crop your canvas and 'save for web' then load that image into html. Very painless. I dunno how fireworks can make it any easier, and it doesn't sound like it is easy.

On a side note, I haven't read anything good about CS3, seems like everyone is having problems with it. Including installation and registration stuff. I think they dropped the ball on this version.

3dj
05-21-2008, 04:46 PM
i never understood the whole fireworks logic. Even as a total beginner of web development, its still easy as pie to just crop your canvas and 'save for web' then load that image into html. Very painless. I dunno how fireworks can make it any easier, and it doesn't sound like it is easy.

On a side note, I haven't read anything good about CS3, seems like everyone is having problems with it. Including installation and registration stuff. I think they dropped the ball on this version.

It's essentially the same as you mention, only for me, it made some things easier and some things that weren't possible in Image ready/PS. I really liked the pop up menus, the nav bar, and the integration was just great with DW, if you open the HTML in DW, then want to edit an image or the layout etc, DW recognizes that the image is part of a Fireworks doc, so you can make over all edits and re-export and DW updates the html and images.

-Jim

CGTalk Moderation
05-21-2008, 04:46 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.