PDA

View Full Version : Does this work on Vista ultimate 64, got odd problems?

Rectro
05-10-2008, 11:43 PM
I remember having the same problems last time I tryed the demo. Im getting pannels flickering, tabs react like they are activating just moving the mouse over them, and it apears OpenGl is not updating whats happining.

I load a texture into my shader and it shows on the shader preview ball, but not on the model despite me having texture view activated? Next min its not even showing on the ball and the mesh turns black.

No bump is showing in OpenGl, and cant even find a displacement channel at all?

Ulven
05-11-2008, 08:32 AM
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showpost.php?p=5042713&postcount=10

Rectro
05-11-2008, 09:42 AM
Thanks, sorted. Now I can check this program out.:)

thetengu
06-04-2008, 09:07 AM
Unfortunatly that fix only works for ati-cards. I don't find anything related or similar to the back/depth/z-buffers in the nVidia-controlpanel. I have the same or very similar problem with my nVidia 7600go and nVidia 8600 GTS. Any tips regarding nVidia cards would be greatly appreciated. The flickering really stops me from relearning messiah.

Thanks

Best regards
-Patrik

Ulven
06-04-2008, 05:26 PM
Have you tried some of the other possible fixes from that thread?:
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=609263

Lostpencil was using an nVidia GeForce 8800GTX so the fix posted should probably work for you if you're on nVidia. Also, I don't think you were supposed to look for the settings in the nVidia control panel, but rather download Rivatuner and use that to prevent the flickering.

thetengu
06-04-2008, 07:17 PM
I must say a HUGE thank you for being so persistant. =) You were 100% correct. I was mistakingly assuming RivaTuner was for ATI alone, which I don't know why I thought that. Stubborn to prove you wrong I downloaded it, installed it, followed the steps and now messiah looks as calm as one would expect. =)

Again, Thank you.

Best regards
-Patrik

CGTalk Moderation
06-04-2008, 07:17 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.