PDA

View Full Version : Broken heirachy on the arms when testing the rig

Sponce
05-09-2008, 02:30 PM
Hi,

I've finished my first rig, well almost. I'm new to Maya's hypergraph. The current set up is an ALL, ROOT and NO TRANSFORM nodes, and I don't think I've parented the arms right.

I was told a good test is to select the all node and transform and rotate everything by 90 degrees or more. I did this and it worked, except for the arms which are rotating weird. I believe the arms are either badly organized or in the wrong heirachy.

I've experimented a lot and just can't seem to fix it. If you'd take a couple of minutes to look I would really appreciate it. The person who said he'd help me on IRC has been offline for days and I really want to progress onto skinning.

removed link to model, will post pics if adding the locators doesn't fix it. (Maya Binary)

Thank you in advance for your time. Any relevant links and tutorials would be appreciated.

talama76
05-09-2008, 03:52 PM
Beside the fact i don't think aaron holly would be so happy to know you are giving his model away like that, i took a quick look and it seems you left the 2 clavFollowPV... locator totally outside your hierarchy.

hope it helps,

Ciao

Sponce
05-09-2008, 04:40 PM
I think I must have left them out when I was trouble shooting. It hasn't helped.

I've taken the model out of this one. I think it's the cave01_x_ArmCon01_loc that is causing the problem with the FK/IK. Maybe it shouldn't be parented to the scapula end. I will take another look.

The all node has been rotated and translated 100. http://www.b3ta.cr3ation.co.uk/data/zip/0509heirachy.zip

CGTalk Moderation
05-09-2008, 04:40 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.