PDA

View Full Version : Inverted selection problem...

Stubins
05-09-2008, 01:57 PM
If I draw a path in the shape of a circle in the middle of my canvas and turn the path to a selection, photoshop always inverts the selection, it selects the background with a circle cut out. It's easy enoght to invert the selection but it's starting to bug me now. Has anybody else had this problem or know of a solution please?
Thanks for your help.

frog
05-09-2008, 04:01 PM
You have probably set the subtract setting in the path options at some point and forgot to set it back to the normal setting. When your path tool is selected make sure that the options are set like in this image, with the two solid squares selected:

http://www.itchy-animation.co.uk/misc/pen-tool.gif

Stubins
05-12-2008, 08:36 AM
Hi Richard,

thanks for your help and your time. The 2 squares are set the same as in your image, is there another setting anywhere else?
Cheers,
Stuart

suztv
05-12-2008, 05:16 PM
That is odd. Try to de-select the path and ctrl-click the path layer in the palette. IDK if that will work or not but it might. It sounds as if you do have a setting that is incorrect - or its a glitch?

If all else fails - close Photoshop and purge your preferences file. Then restart PS - it might just be a glitch. You could also see if there are updates that you are missing...

CGTalk Moderation
05-12-2008, 05:16 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.