PDA

View Full Version : Bad Ncloth movement

grootvriend
05-09-2008, 01:44 PM
I'm currently making a kimono striptease animation for an opera. All the things that made me worry (how to constrain the cloth or put a piece of the dress off) seems to go pretty well. The basic movement however....... Bleh..... The cloth moves to much like one piece and bounces like a football up and down her arm. I've downloaded a couple of cloth presets but they don't help me at all, most likely thanks to the scale.
Does anyone know which parameters I must tweak to make the kimono move more like silk instead of a thick rubber, or even better the order in which I should tweak the paramters, or even better then that; a tutorial about making an Ncloth dress? Yeah I know I'm greedy:D
Thanks in advance,

john_homer
05-10-2008, 04:57 AM
hi, if you have you solver scale set correctly, and apply the default silk perset you should get a pretty good starting point.

I'm not sure where you downloadad presets from.. but if they are not setting your cloth to "object" they are not going to work.
The ones that come with maya are pretty good and use "object" so are not mesh resolution dependant.

.j

Duncan
05-13-2008, 08:16 PM
You can use the silk preset, but it is important to get gravity right for your scene. If you modeled in cm then set the nucleus node's spaceScale to 0.01. This will make gravity 100X stronger than the default setting( which assumes units are meters ). You will likely need to also increase the substeps(important) and stretch resistance. The silk preset will help, but you may need even higher stretch resistance.

Duncan

CGTalk Moderation
05-13-2008, 08:16 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.