PDA

View Full Version : Particles in closed spaces.....

icedeyes
04-21-2002, 04:30 AM
This program is just perfect but has some extremelly serious bugs.... It may just be my pc but particles do not show up when enclosed in a (boolean created) room... I even set the emission rate to 5000 but it still showed similar problems.... It was like 10 particles all and all in the rendering.... I also have a problem with the particle colision effect..... I create an item to act as a bucket or something (this was just a test...) and then I create an emiter right above it and set the bucket as an obstacle.... I set the obstacle type to actual shape but the particles just gather on top of the item and not inside it... i tried changing the parameter but it still does the same thing... I am frustrated with this because most of my work requires effects with particles that worked just fine in other programs (maya and lightwave) using just the sam objects.... Help me pleaaaaaaseeeeeeeeeeee......

Thanx in advance.....

Gatsu
04-21-2002, 05:11 AM
I don't understand what you mean , particle render correctly when enclosed in a boolean ..look here i've made a simple test:
http://digilander.iol.it/XSI2/boolean.htm

For the collision problem.... if you want you can send me a sample scene!?!

Lepo
http://digilander.iol.it/XSI2/Index.html

icedeyes
04-23-2002, 02:48 AM
sorry i didnt reply emediatelly but i had a problem with my internet conection..... this is what happens in rendering..... i just dont get it....

Gatsu
04-23-2002, 10:44 PM
Are you using particles or fluid?

Lepo

icedeyes
04-24-2002, 03:16 AM
i am using particles..... the properties are set to emision rate 1500 spread 30 gravity 15 and the enviroment obstacle is set to actual shape and elasticity to 0.05.....

Gatsu
04-25-2002, 03:19 PM
Works well for me.......maybe you havn't freeze the history of your boolean obstacle.

Lepo

Gatsu
04-25-2002, 03:20 PM
ops... the image

icedeyes
04-26-2002, 04:48 AM
I have froze the geometry... everything is typically correct... that is why i am so frustrated.... anyway... thanx for replying....

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 04:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.