PDA

View Full Version : ncloth shivering and stuttering :-(

vij
05-09-2008, 05:59 AM
Hi
I am going through great frustration guys. I have been trying to get garment simulated using ncloth but there is this stuttering/shivering of the cloth that I just cant seem to avoid.
So, I went ahead and tried to educate myself and bought Ncloth intro DVD from Digital tutors.... But even in the DVD, the project file shows the cloth shivering and stuttering when I took a playblast. I am so disapointed.
Please look here to see what I mean http://youtube.com/watch?v=iF1b6tKnKV8
Can someone please please explain me whats happening. Surely, ncloth can do btter than this... Am I missing something.

Thanks and Regards
Vij

Duncan
05-13-2008, 08:17 PM
This probably just needs a higher substeps setting on the nucleus node.

Duncan

phildog
05-14-2008, 01:18 AM
i havent seen the tutes so im going to ask silly questions first...
is the cloth just a surface or extruded/solid geometry.
its better if its just a surface. (then extrude later)

secondly is the constraint being held by welding? you should atleast make the top row
welded since it wont let the nCloth move around ie with spring constraint. but you could grab the next lowest row and make that a spring constraint to help give it back the 'natural' look.

yeah ive always wanted tutorials to guide the user through to achieving quality results
which is 80 percent of any job. (-end shameless plug :) )

CGTalk Moderation
05-14-2008, 01:18 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.