PDA

View Full Version : 911 openGL and HDRI

Rambiert
05-08-2008, 08:38 PM
Below is one of my old tests i made about two years ago to test real time reflection maps with OpenGL and Paul Devbec's HDRI light probes. Fully interactive and destructable models and 3D animations (applications), also with Flash and Action script are available:). It's my first post after long, long absence. Would you like more screens, interactive apps? Just let me know. For dynamic reflections i used spherical Uffzi HDR probe and for environmnet cubical mapping of the same one.

I'm too busy to upload my latest animations with Siemens and SONY where i used full force of arrays scipts with transfrmations (ask fellows from http://honest.home.pl (http://honest.home.pl/) for low res NTSC movies with my and commercials with soundtracs made by geat DJ's), permutations and combinations of matrixies of transfomantions e.t.c. and dinamic construction/desruction scripts (you can see simple similar example 3D presentations with Flash and Action scripts at alienware.com , but without Geometry FX:) ).

My animations are much more technically advanced (equivalent level of advance you could see fe. in The Matrix Trilogy by Wachowsky Brothers) and spectacular tan their ones. I used scripts by Wierzchowski as reference of algebraic transformations. I improved also ugly demonstrations that comes as references of DirectX SDK technology from MS graphic division (extremely poor and oughful stuff) f.e. with project visible blow.

There are two great projects to do in 3D animation i'm seriously considering: based on GOLEM by Stanislaw Lem (It's high time) and Funky Koval by Polch and Rodek.
http://features.cgsociety.org/gallerycrits/134618/134618_1210274358_large.jpg

Ayreon
05-16-2008, 12:06 PM
I'm not sure I understand completely what it is that you're doing, but could you tell more about the shot you've posted? Is this realtime in the blender viewports? And is it a custom build version?
It looks amazing.
The link us posted is completely in polish so I have no idea what to look for :)

Ayreon

lunat1k
05-17-2008, 07:31 AM
This looks interesting. So I assume we can use it to setup reflections way faster than doing test renders. I'd like to give this a try if possible.

//edit - it seems I'm still sleeping. Eventually we'd have to swap/edit images to change the reflections.

Rambiert
05-08-2009, 09:42 PM
Hi!
I'm sorry for delay guys caused by my relocation to London. I'v been too busy to do anything behind my daily duties. I'll be back soon with more outstanding playable projects (GL/DX). All is in real time with the most popular application interfaces.

Big thanks for your focus to the topic.

Cheers!

Rambiert
05-08-2009, 09:48 PM
... Is this realtime in the blender viewports? And is it a custom build version?
It looks amazing.
The link us posted is completely in polish so I have no idea what to look for :)

Ayreon
3 shoots were made with blender and hdri, fourth one is prerendered preview with AO without environment map. Everything here is custom and customizable. It's custom build low poly model and Devbec HDRI light probe.

CGTalk Moderation
05-08-2009, 09:48 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.