PDA

View Full Version : Viewport 'Popping' in Max 2009

hotknife
05-08-2008, 11:34 AM
Is anybody experiencing 'jumps' in the viewport when selecting objects in Max 2009. it's a hard one to nail down as it happens infrequently but is definately happening...

E.g have a model in the viewport rotate around it a bit then pick it and the viewport jumps to a random position inside the viewport. 2008 was rock steady for this but 2009 has something odd happening....it's been there from day one but was not a defineable bug as such.

bardur
05-08-2008, 04:34 PM
Yeah!.. i too have been seeing it! and its really annoying!
i have no idea why exactly it happens - it isnt a "bug" that you can easily track down to something.. but it happens when i rotate with shortcuts.. i guess the freaking sucky "Steering Wheel" is the cause of it.. (i dont use it or even have it on.. but beacuse it somehow "add´s" to the viewport navigation.. i have no doubt about this is the thing that f**ks the viewport navigation up)..

And also.. when in a certain view - lets say perspective view.. and press F (for Front view) it some how snaps to a unknown place in the viewport.. i .. dont.. i ..(#()¤#¤ i just cant explane exactly whats happening - but sometimes its so annoying that i have just burst out in extreme swearing - and prolly scared my classmates a few times now

MOSS
05-08-2008, 05:06 PM
Its happening to me too. I know there is a way to deactivate the view cube, but anyone know how to deactivate the steering wheel? There should be an option to deactivate all new features, because half the time, they don't work properly when they're first released.

captain brainiac
05-08-2008, 07:15 PM
no probs here at all ...ATI FireGL 5100... windows xp 64.. max2009 dual opteron 280 italy... tyan mainboard

guys compare your graphics card and your drivers to narrow down the problem

MOSS
05-08-2008, 08:20 PM
Happens at home on a 8800 gts, and at work on a quadro fx 4600 both xp x64.

captain brainiac
05-08-2008, 08:40 PM
does switching drivers help? direct3d, opengl, maxtreme, older drivers?

Equinoxx
05-09-2008, 07:21 AM
try renaming AutoCamMax.gup to AutoCamMax.gup.bak
it's in the stdplugs folder

supposedly, that's one causing lots of trouble and drives the new navigation tools.

bardur
05-09-2008, 08:14 PM
try renaming AutoCamMax.gup to AutoCamMax.gup.bak
it's in the stdplugs folder

supposedly, that's one causing lots of trouble and drives the new navigation tools.

Aha!.. so my Rant on the "steering wheel" being the cause is not so far fetched..
gonna try that... thanks

CGTalk Moderation
05-09-2008, 08:14 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.