PDA

View Full Version : Custom Attributes InitialRollupState

LoneRobot
05-08-2008, 10:00 AM
this one is not a problem particularly but this bit of custom attributes help always leaves me going "errrrrrrrr" and i wondered if anyone can explain it a bit better.

The initialRollupState argument is an integer whose 32 bits are used to initialize the rollouts' rollup state in both the create and the modify panel. The semantics are different, however for these two cases. Whenever the rollouts are created in the create tab, their state will be that specified by this value. In the modify tab, the first time an object of this type is modified the state will be that of this value, but after that it will remain what it was last set to. The bits of this value indicate the corresponding rollout is rolled up (closed). The zero bit corresponds to the first rollout, the first bit is the second rollout, etc. The default value of 0x7fffffff is used so the command panel can detect this value is not being overridden, and just leave the rollouts as is. For example, a value of 0x07 would result in the first 3 rollouts being rolled up, and the remaining rollouts open. (2^2+2^1+2^0 = 4+2+1 = 7)

:shrug:

PEN
05-08-2008, 02:30 PM
Got me, you can also use rolledUp:true

rollout testR "Test" rolledUp:true
(
button testBt "test"
)
nFloater=newRolloutFloater "test" 100 100
addRollout testR nFloater

LoneRobot
05-09-2008, 09:34 AM
Got me, you can also use rolledUp:true

seems according to this it would be the wise choice, thanks Paul. in this case the value 0x7fffffff was the noise i made trying to figure out what it meant. :thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
05-09-2008, 09:34 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.