PDA

View Full Version : I've lost my symmetry

BDismukes
05-08-2008, 05:24 AM
one moment it was working great, then it turned on me and nothing I've tried can seem to cure it. Deleting half the model and mirroring it again, trying that on smaller pieces. Using the symmetry fix function yields only the yellow indicator squares covering every vertex on one half of the model. The only time symmetry on the x axis is when the whole mesh is selected and any moving of the mesh becomes an entertaining piece of modern art but is useless as a 3D mesh.

Someone! Please tell me what I'm doing wrong!

Bd.

Phil Lawson
05-08-2008, 09:51 AM
When you get the yellow nodes using the symmetry fix tool, make sure to drag your mouse to start fixing them. When it gets to the point that it seems to not fix any more, use the middle mouse button and keep pressing until all are fixed.

If this doesnt seem to work, you may have to freeze your items position first.

BDismukes
05-08-2008, 12:40 PM
That didn't work either. However, what did work was copying the mesh into a new mesh item where very few vertices were not symmetrical and the symmetry tool worked just fine. A strange but welcome work around.

And thank you for the response. It's comforting to share a board with people much smarter than I.

Bd.

CGTalk Moderation
05-08-2008, 12:40 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.