PDA

View Full Version : ungrouping imported meshes

futagoza
05-06-2008, 06:15 PM
Hello all,

i just downloaded the Modo trial a couple of days ago, because i plan to add Modo to my toolbox, hopefully in a couple of months. So far iīm pretty impressed but coulnīt figure out how to seperate or ungroup imported .obj meshes, so that i have the original single parts. I searched also the Modo Forum at Luxology but couldnīt find a clue.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!

Regards
Stefan

Puzzle3d
05-07-2008, 05:58 PM
Describe the model a bit more.
But, If the pieces were separate "shells' to begin with, try to do a quick double click on 1 polygon of 1 shell, that should select all the connected polys of the shell, then cut the selection to a new mesh, and repeat for the other mesh sections.

futagoza
05-07-2008, 07:18 PM
Well, i just started with something very simple, like a cube and sphere etc.. Saved it as .obj and loaded it into Modo. I assumed that when importing the scene into Modo you could then select an individual item like the cube, assign a color, then select the sphere and assign another color and so on. I followed your tip and this works. I must admit if this is the proper Modo workflow that these are to many steps for me. But thanks for your help!

Regards
Stefan

CGTalk Moderation
05-07-2008, 07:18 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.