PDA

View Full Version : Schedule?

Houkah
05-06-2008, 01:39 PM
It's already May and still no schedule for adapt 2008? Any idea when they will be announcing? Is the conference perhaps not happening this year?

jlelievre
05-07-2008, 02:00 PM
Yeah I am curious as well as this was going to be my first year in attendance... seems a little late in the year for them to announce it. I have my fingers crossed it will happen!

mauriciomacal
05-21-2008, 05:05 AM
Joel only needs an excuse to drink beer for 4 days straight. And it would have been my first attendence too. Let's see what June has in store because later then that my airplain ticket to get there is gonna be crazy high.
ADAPT, whats gonna happen?

Yeah I am curious as well as this was going to be my first year in attendance... seems a little late in the year for them to announce it. I have my fingers crossed it will happen!

Dg-Lex
06-01-2008, 02:17 PM
I currently study to become a 3D artist here in montreal and I was very interested in going to ADAPT 2008. What do I need to go there? How can I get a pass? Do I need to have a contact?

thanks.

DPhil
06-03-2008, 05:22 PM
nah i think you just have to subscribe on their website... when subscribtions are open...
then you go to ADAPT and get your pass... you can have like 3 types of passes...which allows you to see different conferences... the FULL CONFERENCE pass lets you see everything hehe

Dg-Lex
06-03-2008, 05:34 PM
Awesome, and what is the name of the website? I'll google it in two seconds.

Francais?Tu fais une technique au vieux?

DPhil
06-03-2008, 05:39 PM
haha ouais ben jviens de finir la technique... j'ai faite du bénévolat pour ADAPT cette année... jfaisait le film eck la vache mannequin pis le ti-gars :P

mauriciomacal
06-03-2008, 06:52 PM
http://www.adaptmontreal.com/
here it be guys, still no where to "sign in" but it will probably be in a few weeks, to work the details of the venue and such.

Ah, and the info email of the site doesn't work!
What's up with the yello grad on the mainsite?...we can't see that Goerner pic, we just see the signature. Oh well.

Salud!

nah i think you just have to subscribe on their website... when subscribtions are open...
then you go to ADAPT and get your pass... you can have like 3 types of passes...which allows you to see different conferences... the FULL CONFERENCE pass lets you see everything hehe

Dg-Lex
06-03-2008, 10:37 PM
Hey thanks alot man, appreciate the info!

;)

Info-red
06-05-2008, 06:42 AM
Was informed by the organizers that the site will be launching early next week!
Rumors have it that

//Craig Mullins
//Andrew Jones
//Syd Mead
//Jonathan Harb
//Craig Barron
//Steven Stahlberg
//Alex McDowell
//Shawn Carlos Baena
//Taron
//Aaron Sims
and more!!!

will be there!!
If this is true... //ADAPT 08 is the place to be!

Houkah
06-07-2008, 02:46 AM
Just out of curiosity does anyone know the main language for Adapt? Will it be english?

mauriciomacal
06-07-2008, 04:23 PM
Last i heard it was in english...but, maybe because I heard an english speaker, help us out here french guys!

PaulHellard
06-12-2008, 06:50 AM
Hey there,

With the speaker lineup like what is read in the last couple posts, and the target audience from the States and the wider industry, I'd say it is English.

I love the French language. But I just can't speak it.

I was there last year and as a lazy monolingual Aussie, ;-) I had no problems at all.

Smithers1
06-12-2008, 03:49 PM
found this, http://www.adaptconference.com/flash/ i guess thats the new site for this years conference. It looks like candy land, i dont like it. Also it seems the conference is going to be in a movie theater this year. good luck on that Adapt!

rquinn
06-12-2008, 04:51 PM
Yes English is the main and only language of the speakers... it may happen that some local artists (mostly owners of studios and the such) do some presenting and may have a french canadian accent.. but usually not harsh enough for you not to understand..
as for who is gonna be there.. Info-Red.. looks like you just put the names of the guys last year.. and Shawn Carlos Baena is not a person.. that would be Shawn Kelly and Carlos Baena... unfortunatly Carlos could not be there last year, Nonetheless he was replaced by a top notch animator from Transformers at ILM (Eric Petey I think..not sure here). But hopefully this year Mr.Baena will be there.

I am guessing they will be releasing the info pretty soon as last year it was about 3 months before the conference that they did.

I strongly recommend ADAPT for anyone interested.. as it is a great event with great artists and sweet organizers. Montreal is always beutyful that time of year.. and it tends to feel much more personnal and private than SIGGRAPH (dont get me wrong siggraph is awesome) but this feels more like a niche event.

Great parties, fun gift bags, well organized, and lets not forget the french canadian women..:applause:

Enjoy

rquinn
06-12-2008, 08:23 PM
Smithers.. I would have to disagree with you on that one..
The Pepsi Forum AMC I believe is a great idea, they can provide a great place to show footage of breakdown reels and perfect viewing settings for everyone.. as conferences are usually on a flat large Ballroom floor type settings.. it becomes quickly hard to see from far behind especially when it is only temporary equipment set up. I think having Steven Stahlberg standing in front of a Imax size painting of his while everyone is listening in on him in a soudproof environment.. to me sounds like a great experience. And since ADAPT is mostly about making this experience as personnal and natural as possible, I believe it is a clear jump in improvement and not a step backward.

The official lineup is not online as I mentionned but expect big names again! (but then again how can one top Phil Tippet, Syd Mead and Shawn Kelly from last year?) I am confident they will pull it off once more.:D

Peace

Smithers1
06-13-2008, 03:41 PM
rquinn you are right if the theater was booked solely for Adapt but it doesnt seem to be the case, so while the conference will happen the theater will be conducting normal business at the same time. I've been to montreal a few times and familiar with the theater location. I would call that location shady at best, its at the complete end of the Ste Catherine strip. As for the theater it is 32 screens, i seriously doubt Adapt will have the whole theater shut down for a week for what seems to be 5 classes going on at the same time. So expect confusion on at the doors and what not. As for last year it seemed like the news and other info went up around april reguarding the event, even if the site actually lunched around 3 months before the event it seemed like it was at least prepared. This year it just seems rushed at the last minute. There has been 0 news or press releases reguarding the event and we are in mid june. I only found this site by chance and its not on any search engine it seems. Is it supose to be out ? perhaps it isn't but why would you make it accessible then ? The site also doesn't have the look and feel of the previous 2 years, went from dark theme to Candy Land.

Anyways thats just my 2 cent.

rquinn
06-13-2008, 07:24 PM
Considering the multi floor complex that it is, I can only assume they rented 1 level wich would be very convenient. I have seen that happen before at that theatre mostly at the upper top floors. Then they would have everything they need.
As for the shadyness of the area.. Perhaps late at night since it is Downtown.. but in the day it is just like any other major city's downtown. Though I must agree last year's location was beautiful.. There was renovation going on above the conference room and was causing a lot of noise sometimes..(even though the hotel had assured them they wouldnt be building during conference hours)

I guess there is only one way to see.. and that is wait, go, and find out! :wavey:
Cheers!

Sil 369
06-18-2008, 12:32 AM
The registration page is up from the site posted (thanks!). Has anyone tried and register online?

I especially like the "Preferred First Name for Badge I.D." option. :)

mauriciomacal
06-18-2008, 04:25 PM
eeek, i have to say that this event was not on my yearly budget. Unless you guys want to donate $1 each, I have to enjoy my stay-ation but 2009 is my year damn it! jejeje

Best-o-luck to y'all

Mc

P.S.
whats the fee called "exploration"? do you only pay $224 to roam around the hall?

Houkah
07-03-2008, 04:48 PM
Are these guys ever going to announce the full schedule and speaker list?

IceCool999
07-08-2008, 01:23 AM
Hey Everyone,

The site is launching. Goto www.adaptconference.com (http://www.adaptconference.com). This year's event is going to be awesome... Better than last year's, and this year it is in the historic Forum. The old hangout of the Montreal Canadiens.

Hope to see you everyone there.

IceCool999
07-09-2008, 02:48 AM
rquinn you are right if the theater was booked solely for Adapt but it doesnt seem to be the case, so while the conference will happen the theater will be conducting normal business at the same time. I've been to montreal a few times and familiar with the theater location. I would call that location shady at best, its at the complete end of the Ste Catherine strip. As for the theater it is 32 screens, i seriously doubt Adapt will have the whole theater shut down for a week for what seems to be 5 classes going on at the same time. So expect confusion on at the doors and what not. As for last year it seemed like the news and other info went up around april reguarding the event, even if the site actually lunched around 3 months before the event it seemed like it was at least prepared. This year it just seems rushed at the last minute. There has been 0 news or press releases reguarding the event and we are in mid june. I only found this site by chance and its not on any search engine it seems. Is it supose to be out ? perhaps it isn't but why would you make it accessible then ? The site also doesn't have the look and feel of the previous 2 years, went from dark theme to Candy Land.

Anyways thats just my 2 cent.

Hey Everyone,

Just want to help clarify a few things.... The AMC theater only has 22 screens, but we will be taking the whole basement of the theater, making it an amazing venue. The sound issue you guys raised was great, and very important in where we wanted to hold the event this year. Soundproof movie theaters is probably the best we can expect for sound and picture. The area around the forum is surrounded by two malls and four schools, and is a great part of this historical city. By September, the theater during the day will be quiet, which is another reason we chose this venue, so I promise you will have a great time and enjoy the location.

Take a look at the site, go to the speaker section, and you will see the lineup. Some are back by popular demand, and some are coming for the first time. Help us welcome them in to this great city, and join in what will undoubtedly turn out to be another great time. :)

//Didier

chloedo
08-05-2008, 08:59 PM
Damn.. their website is terrible.....
What a pain to charge up every menu.....to have at the end not that much info....

rquinn
08-05-2008, 09:12 PM
Hope the autodesk party is as insane as last year!

AlphaJoe
08-11-2008, 06:59 PM
So, does anyone know when the schedule will be posted? I am seeing some blurbs about a few of the courses and things, but a lot of the site is still saying "Coming Soon...". I will be going this year, but I hate going in without some kind of gameplan.

CGTalk Moderation
08-11-2008, 06:59 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.