PDA

View Full Version : Plasma Ball Fluids

jedipottsy
05-06-2008, 11:57 AM
Hello,
Im creating a fight animation using magic. I want to create a plasma ball partway through the animation and have it be thrown at a robot. I managed to create a fluid effect that i like however i have some problems.

Here is a test video
http://mythreed.com/videos/plasma-ball-test/

How do i start and stop the particle emission and how do i increase or decrease the particle rate at various points throughout the animation?
Also when i throw the fireball i want the flame to be trailing behind the sphere, however when i move it the flame rises upwards. How do i change this?

Thanks for any help

Wixman
05-06-2008, 01:26 PM
You can keyframe various settings on the fluidEmitter - emission rate, temperature etc.

The rising flame is a result of the buoyancy on fluidShape node.

jedipottsy
05-06-2008, 05:34 PM
I'm sorry, i must be missing something. Under the fluidEmitter node i can see a section called Basic emmitter attributes. I can then change any of the settings however none of them seem to adjust the particle emission.

Emitter type: Surface
Cycle Emission: Frame [timeRandom on]
Cycle interval: 1
Min Distance: 0
Max Distance: 1

I know what the Emitter type does however i have no idea what the other options do. Changing them seems to have no effect on the animation.

Thanks

fedayi
05-06-2008, 06:32 PM
the reason the fluid is rising up is because of the buoyancy.
if its a positive number it goes up, if its negative it goes down. 0 keeps it in its place.

if ur using only density, to drive the fluids, then just animate the density, within the surface emmiter.

but if ur using others like temp and fuel, then u have to key frame those as well.

the help section, explains, what the basic emitter attributes do.

Wixman
05-06-2008, 09:16 PM
I'm sorry, i must be missing something. Under the fluidEmitter node i can see a section called Basic emmitter attributes. I can then change any of the settings however none of them seem to adjust the particle emission.

Emitter type: Surface
Cycle Emission: Frame [timeRandom on]
Cycle interval: 1
Min Distance: 0
Max Distance: 1

I know what the Emitter type does however i have no idea what the other options do. Changing them seems to have no effect on the animation.

Thanks

Yeah, check out the fluid help section - it's fairly comprehensive and it's well worth going through and understanding what everything does.

AphelionX
07-17-2008, 02:06 PM
jedi can i know how did u make that flame effect?

Wixman
07-18-2008, 12:00 AM
Check out the fluid examples under the fluid effects menu. There's loads and they're really good.

azshall
07-18-2008, 02:53 AM
jedi can i know how did u make that flame effect?

Fluid Effects -> Get Fluid Example -> Fire

CGTalk Moderation
07-18-2008, 02:53 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.