PDA

View Full Version : Plasma Ball Fluids

jedipottsy
05-06-2008, 11:40 AM
Hello,
Im creating a fight animation using magic. I want to create a plasma ball partway through the animation and have it be thrown at a robot. I managed to create a fluid effect that i like however i have some problems.

Here is a test video
http://mythreed.com/videos/plasma-ball-test/

How do i start and stop the particle emission and how do i increase or decrease the particle rate at various points throughout the animation?
Also when i throw the fireball i want the flame to be trailing behind the sphere, however when i move it the flame rises upwards. How do i change this?

Thanks for any help

Demno
05-07-2008, 11:08 AM
There are no particles when dealing with fluids. (I f you don't add them yourself). Tough many of the attributes are the same. If you select your fluidcontainer there should be an emitter tab. There you have density, fuel, heat and so on. These are keyable. Key the emission on and off as you wish, but keep in mind the time of reaction and so on.

To make it stop going up open the Content Details in the attributes for the fluid. Set the bouyancy (spelling?) to 0 at every place you can find it :) Density, and temperature usually is the main tabs to check.

Pyrokinesis
05-13-2008, 01:02 PM
The simplest way I have found to get the fire to flow behind is to turn the container on its side, or in the direction neccessary to produce a flow you require. This may not be the most elegant solution, but its deffinately the most straight forward.

Have Fun

RoundRobbin
05-14-2008, 07:45 PM
create a uniform field and key its magnitude to the desired direction, that in turn should sweep the vectors along the container in a fashion where the fluids vertical rise could slowly transition to a horizontal. So long as your fields curve is suited nicely in your scene. GL

CGTalk Moderation
05-14-2008, 07:45 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.