PDA

View Full Version : X-men Fan Film?

Shuggs
05-06-2008, 09:42 AM
I've always been interested in seeing a take on the X-men in CG. I've always thought a CG franchise would be awesome, and if good enough, would sell. Has anyone here ever thought of putting together an X-men fan film? I think it'd be an interesting and fun project to do.

jthompson3d
05-09-2008, 03:48 PM
That sounds awsome, I've seen lots of Star Wars and Batman fan films but none that I can think of for X-Men.

Get a team together and start one. :thumbsup:

liquorholic
05-19-2008, 10:26 PM
Awesome idea! lemme know if you are going to start a team

Shuggs
05-20-2008, 02:15 AM
Well I would love to get more interest for this. I'm pretty sure there would be a lot of people interested, but it's not showing. :D

Shuggs
05-20-2008, 02:36 AM
I would actually love to do a take on the Ultimate X-men. Not sure if anyone else would agree though. There's so many possibilities. We could always use a plot from one of the comics and just put the 2D pages into a 3D world. Possibilities are virtually endless.

yeyeman9
05-20-2008, 03:06 AM
I think i would be up for the task. Although I am not a hardcore fan of X-Men and dont know a lot, I still know the basics and what needs to be known I guess lol. I am a writer and would like to help out with the script. I suggest we start with a 20-30 min pilot, see what we can come up with.

And whatever I have doubts with, I am sure I could ask you or research it.

Anyway, let me know!

madshooter
05-27-2008, 01:34 PM
Wow Sounds cool:cool:. I'm a big fan of X_MEN,I would Like to join the team. Let me know where should I send my sample works for review, your e-mail id or yahoo messenger.

liquorholic
05-28-2008, 03:43 AM
This seems to be heating up. Well I am willing to devote as much time as I can to help. Who will be willing to take lead and try to steer this boat?

Shuggs
05-28-2008, 05:22 AM
Awesome.

I just suggested the idea. As far as anything is concerned I'd love to do some modeling, but more-so be an assistant modeler of some sort as there are people on these forums far more better then I am currently. One of the problems I think this faces is what program to use. I know you can't cross the different softwares so that everyone could work on this. I use Lightwave. I have Maya and 3D Max but I haven't been taught in them, and they're rather intimidating.

liquorholic
05-28-2008, 04:46 PM
Awesome.

I just suggested the idea. As far as anything is concerned I'd love to do some modeling, but more-so be an assistant modeler of some sort as there are people on these forums far more better then I am currently. One of the problems I think this faces is what program to use. I know you can't cross the different softwares so that everyone could work on this. I use Lightwave. I have Maya and 3D Max but I haven't been taught in them, and they're rather intimidating.

Great suggestion if I do say so myself. I feel the same way as you do! I am willing to put my best foot forward in this. Let's make this more of a learning project! I am sure if we do not produce a full finished project, we will have a great amount of information and the learning experience would be priceless! As for software I think there are ways for transfer meshes from one to another. I think I will come up with some ideas today and post to get the juice flowing sorta speak! :applause:

liquorholic
05-29-2008, 06:35 AM
I started a WIP thread! http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=43&t=636565

yeyeman9
07-01-2008, 09:00 AM
Hey guys sorry I took so long to reply, have been kinda busy this month with some stuff. Anyway, I am interested in being the writter, but by being the writter I am just the one that writes the script but not the only one that comes up with the ideas and stuff, like someone suggested, it would be cool if we could all pitch into the story and unfold them the way we all want it to.

Regarding the thing where everythign is standing still, I would suggest we do that indeed with quicksilver as someone else suggested. But instead of it being in the mansion, we do it in a normal place, e.g. his house or something like that. Being this is the way he discovers his powers. Quicksilver isnt actually that famous, atleast i hadnt really heard about him since today, as the other guys are. So it would be interesting to introduce him into the group and make him one of the main characters as well.

I was thinking, it could be cool if we could create our own ideas of how each of the characters(atleast hte main ones) discovered their powers and how they reached the mansion.

We could call it, Xmen: The Beggining. or something like that.

You guys tell me...

Regards,
Jose

Ilive
07-14-2008, 07:24 PM
I was thinking of doing a Marvel Saga that you'd never see at the movies. I'm thinking of doing the Sinister Six Spiderman saga straight from the comics.

NoNameNoSlogan
07-20-2008, 06:47 AM
I modelled the Thing from Fantastic Four a while back and wanted to do a Fantastic Four fan film. I recently started working on Reed Richards. If anyone is interested in that as a project, let me know. I like X-Men too, but it seems like everyone has different ideas about what to do.

http://purdydesign.com/3dart/thing1-75.jpg http://purdydesign.com/3dart/thing2-75.jpg

Occie17th
08-22-2008, 11:21 AM
It's always possible to do cross-overs

mnartgirl
03-27-2009, 05:03 AM
Hey if this is still going let me know I would love to get in on something like this

carlw
04-04-2009, 04:23 AM
Yeah I'm interested too.

AnthonyThompson
05-03-2009, 10:34 AM
Yes I'm interested to work on this project as well?

Occie17th
11-27-2009, 11:12 AM
Will there be an original plot or will some arc from the comics be adapted?

I think it'd be cool if some of the less obvious characters would get their fifteen minutes of fame... Shadowcat, Colossus... instead of the more obvious Wolverine, Cyke and Jean Grey...

What if Shadowcat en Colossus came home to find the place all deserted... The computer is only able to retrieve a brief clip of the security footage (in wich we see Jean, Cyke and Logan) unconscious and an yet unknown villain coming to the stage...

Other suggestion: One morning, everyone is frozen still but kitty and kurt wagner because their ability ables the to phase through realtime elements...

Just a couple of ideas

KingSRS
12-15-2009, 10:10 PM
Ey guys ive seen your idea about making a x-men movie and dude i love it :P im a big Marvel nerd and love the idea :P. But ive noticed that you only have character designers and are focusing on that only.

Im a beggining righter and a hard surface modeler. i would love to held and see this project getting big. im ready to but some time in it and work on it.

holla at me if you can use me

PEace

CGTalk Moderation
12-15-2009, 10:10 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.