PDA

View Full Version : Trouble connecting to mia_material in spdl

kindREX
05-06-2008, 12:54 AM
Hi,

I just started using XSI about two months ago, and I decided that I would l like to learn how to create a spdl shader. I was interested in using the skin shader that Master Zap posted on his blog for Max, so I attempted to convert it to an a spdl. However, when I plug in the mia_material (either into the diffuse_illum of the misss_fast_shader or directly into the surface of the output material for testing), it goes completely transparent, even though I have transparency set to 0. If I comment out the connections to the mia_materials, the material will show up. Does anyone have any ideas as to how I might be able to fix this? Or maybe know of some good reference material for writing spdls? I have just been lookiing at a few I downloaded to try to figure out how to write them.

Spdl file. (http://www.cc.gatech.edu/%7Eclinth/skinplus.spdl)

kindREX
05-09-2008, 04:35 PM
It was the cutout_opacity value that has to be set. The shader works now.

tc
05-09-2008, 11:46 PM
cool, can you pos some screenshots and the link for the shader?

tks

kindREX
05-10-2008, 01:57 AM
The link to the spdl phenom file is in the top post. You might need to make a dummy dll file for the plugin manager to not complain. I think that I just copied one of the misss_fast_shader dlls and changed the name to skinplus.dll. Then all you have to do is go to the plugin manager and install the spdl. If you want to see examples, just check Jonas' Hulk thread: http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?p=5062378#post5062378. This spdl file is just a conversion of the phenom that Master Zap made and Jonas added to. I hope to apply it to a model I have been working on soon.

tc
05-10-2008, 06:49 AM
cool, thanks
I will give it a try.

CGTalk Moderation
05-10-2008, 06:49 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.