PDA

View Full Version : Corel Crahes --> System Error

Blade-Rain
05-05-2008, 11:11 PM
This problem arose recently for me. Up until a few weeks ago, Painter X worked fine. Now, the only problem I have is the biggest possible problem any program could ever have:

I CANNOT SAVE

EVERY SINGLE TIME I try to save something I do, Painter Crashes. Not just a normal crash, no, it actually takes me to the Windows XP Blue Error Screen (Screen of Death). I've tried re-installing it, but every time I try to save a document, or rename one and save it as that, Blue Error Screen for me...

I'm extremely aggravated now... Painter has become my favorite digital illustration tool over Photoshop by four million percent. I love everything about it. But now that I can't save, I don't know.

The cable got knocked out for a whole week, so I've been itching to ask for help.

Any is appreciated. THANKS!

Porpette
05-22-2008, 06:41 PM
This problem arose recently for me. Up until a few weeks ago, Painter X worked fine. Now, the only problem I have is the biggest possible problem any program could ever have:

I CANNOT SAVE

EVERY SINGLE TIME I try to save something I do, Painter Crashes. Not just a normal crash, no, it actually takes me to the Windows XP Blue Error Screen (Screen of Death). I've tried re-installing it, but every time I try to save a document, or rename one and save it as that, Blue Error Screen for me...

I'm extremely aggravated now... Painter has become my favorite digital illustration tool over Photoshop by four million percent. I love everything about it. But now that I can't save, I don't know.

The cable got knocked out for a whole week, so I've been itching to ask for help.

Any is appreciated. THANKS!

Hi, I have the same problem. I love Corel Painter X and unfortunately i can't get mine to save either, without the blue screen popping up. You're the first person I've seen with the same problem, and I've been looking for a solution for a while. However, I'm running Vista, not XP. The only thing I can think of is that we're both running a program thats interfering with Painter. If anybody has a solution it would be great!

Since I can't use Painter I had to look up an alternative and I found Twisted Brush. It's pretty realistic and works great with pen tablets.

Jinbrown
05-23-2008, 01:41 AM
Below is info from my Sticky thread at the top of the Conceptart.org Painter forum. If you both post your messages at The PainterFactory, it'll help Corel to know this is happening to more than one person. If someone from Corel has time, they may respond to your posts and other Painter users may also respond saying they have this problem and if we're lucky, one of them may have found a solution.

Good luck!

PLEASE NOTE: If you have technical questions and problems with Corel Painter or want to submit requests and suggestions for enhancements to Corel Painter, the best place to do that is at The PainterFactory, Corel's Painter community forum site. The Corel Painter development team will read your posts and when they have the time, may also respond to your posts:

The PainterFactory (http://painterfactory.com)

Click Painter Discussion at the top of the page, then:

Post technical questions and problem reports in the Got a Question? forum.

Post requests and suggestions for enhancments in the Suggestion Box forum.
There's lots more to enjoy at The PainterFactory, so do yourself a favor and take time to explore the site.

Thanks!

Jinny

#

CGTalk Moderation
05-23-2008, 01:41 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.