PDA

View Full Version : 3D Buzz and 'rar'e files...

grstovell
05-15-2003, 07:35 PM
Hey there!

I'm feeling terribly stupid today!!!! I downloaded an MB intro. training video from 3D Buzz and it's in .rar format.

I downloaded rar and unrar from the site they reccomend and tried following the instructions to installing unrar in a terminal window....

so far all I get is: command unknown

I'm using Mac OX10.2.4

ANY help would be greatly appreciated!

-g

ClingFree
05-15-2003, 09:51 PM
There is a program called MacRAR from the same people that make WinRAR. You can find it at RaReg.com (http://www.rarreg.com/download.php?op=viewsdownload&sid=3) . I believe it is the only rar tool for Macs.

Anadin
05-16-2003, 04:23 PM
If you are using OS X then the latest version of stuffit expander does the job just fine (7.0.3)

jimarse
05-17-2003, 03:33 PM
Then you may have to run the .avi through DivX Doctor II as the sound in the avi is encoded as mp3. (If you wanna play the movies in QT that is)

Here: doctor.3ivx.com

RormanKnockwell
05-29-2003, 06:23 PM
Assuming that you downloaded the "RAR 3.2 for MacOSX" package from the rarlab.com site. There does not seem to be any installation instructions in the archive, so you will have to move the executables to the correct directory manually.

In Terminal, "cd" to the archive, then type:

sudo cp {rar,unrar} /usr/local/bin
rehash

That should get it working.

BTW, "unrar" is available via Fink. If you have Fink installed, just type:

fink install unrar

That's what I did, and the VTM's work just fine.

grstovell
05-29-2003, 09:13 PM
THANKS everyone!

I actually got it to work by upgrading to the latest stuffit version and downloading a DiVX validator from the DiVX site.

VTM's are a Wonderful thing!!!!!

And thanks again!

-g

policarpo
05-30-2003, 12:43 AM
They made .MOV files available for Mac users...just go the Knowledge Base (http://kb.kaydara.com/display/1/index.asp?aid=&r=0.5153162) and click on the tutorials folder to download your .MOV files from the 3D Buzz folder.

man...over 700mb of free Motion Builder tutorials...man, now that's dedication!

but i guess its easy when you have a killer product!:drool:

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 04:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.