PDA

View Full Version : 3D GArbage PAil Kid !!!!!!!!

Eddie3D
04-21-2002, 02:27 AM
Hey i was looking through old stuff one day, found these old garbage pail kids cards and decided to model and animate Adam Bomb! hehe let me know what you think. The animation is on my demoreel at WWW.EDDIEALCAZAR.COM all feed back is appreciated.

bike
04-21-2002, 04:04 AM
:buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock:

Daveaustin
04-21-2002, 04:11 AM
oh that's brought back memories.. i remember having the whole side of my wardrobe covered in these stickers!! nice looking models... haven't got a fast connection so haven't been able to download your animated version...

as bike said..:buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock::buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock:

Taoizm
04-21-2002, 05:43 AM
classic :applause:

fellah
04-21-2002, 08:22 PM
hehe, yea that's some classic kids http://www.cgtalk.com/images/icons/icon10.gif

the modeling is _good_, but the lighting isn't that good imo. I made a quick postFix in PS to show what I mean:
http://starlight.wox.org/~fellah/gpk1_mood.jpg
my "fix" isn't that good either and the quality is _low_ but I hope you can see the idea.
that fire over his head is gonna light the surrounding _MUCH_ and especially "adam bomb" which is the "center figure" of it all.

btw, that fire over his head is excellent! did you use lightwave's hyperVoxels? if you did, can you send the preset to me? (fellah@hotbrev.com) :) I understand if you don't wan't to.

cheers

Eddie3D
04-23-2002, 09:44 AM
Thanks for all the comments! Yes I did everything in Lightwave 7 including the fire which are hypervoxels in combination with a high luminosity and gradient setting.
Fellah, no prob, ill send you the surface file to your e-mail address. Thanks for the comments I see where it can be a little dark.

FloydBishop
04-23-2002, 11:49 AM
I remember these!! I think my old closet door still has some of these on it. After seeing the image you posted, I wanted to see if I could find some more stuff on the Garbage Pail Kids. They all had two names, remember? Well, this particular card had three. In the pre-viz stage, his name was "Adam Boom" and "Blasted Billy II". "Adam Bomb" was added in the final stage. See for yourself:

http://www.poundart.com/gpk/roughs/s07/260_adamBoom.jpg

They were done by John Pound in Acrylics.

See the whole series of pre-viz here:

http://www.poundart.com/gpk/roughs/

They'd make a great CG short, if the story was right. You may be onto something.

sherban
04-23-2002, 04:45 PM
Floyd:
I think Adam Boom/Blasted Billy II is sort of a sequel to Adam Bomb/Blasted Billy. I even think I had his card (the second one, that is). I'll try and find it. I still have some cards in an old box somewhere.

You'll notice Blasted Billy II's card no. is 260 while Adam Boom's number looks like a single digit (8a or something). You can see that Billy II already blew his mind. He's now dropping another bombshell. ha ha!

Eddie:
cool model. I'm surprised no one tried this earlier. GPK lends itself to 3d so well. Kudos. Just fix the lighting like fellah said. I've yet to dl the animation.

gwader
04-23-2002, 08:01 PM
cool!!!!!

sherban
04-24-2002, 05:34 PM
could you maybe post a link to the GPK animation alone (without the demoreel). slow connection.

thanks

Skyraider3D
04-25-2002, 06:25 AM
:buttrock: :bounce: :buttrock: :bounce: :buttrock: :bounce: :buttrock: :bounce:
supacool :)

greekdish
04-25-2002, 10:24 AM
Woah...dude...whats with the halucinations!?!??! =)

Not trying to be a beatnick.....but you really need to tone down those blurred letters or whatnot on your website....I got dizzy just trying to read it....good rule of thumb for any type design, is to make it easy on the eyes, i.e, legible. Just my opinion. Going to check out your animations now. nice graphics right off the bat.

Eddie3D
05-01-2002, 08:25 AM
I just posted the gpk animation by itself on my website - its a hidden link to the right of my demo reel in the animation gallery. Hope you enjoy it!

Heres the other card you guys were talking about i think. I might try to add to the existing animation and have it evolve to this after he blows up his head. Let me know what you think.

FBMachine
05-01-2002, 09:39 AM
Awesome! I can't believe I forgot about the Garbage Pail Kids! Cool animation! :drumrock:
Dan

Eddie3D
05-08-2002, 03:26 AM
heres the link ---> http://www.eddiealcazar.com/GPK_FINAL1.avi

Tad
05-08-2002, 11:52 AM
pretty good,
i'd say add some rim lighting on him, coming from the back,
highlighting his profile so he sticks out more,

That way you dont have to super brighten up the whole
image to make him stand out.

Korgath
05-08-2002, 01:22 PM
Really cool!:buttrock:

Jacko Cohen
05-08-2002, 07:45 PM
cool!!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Toeng.com
05-09-2002, 05:11 PM
:bounce: :buttrock:

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 05:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.