PDA

View Full Version : falling dust and debris

leonlabyk
05-05-2008, 12:06 PM
I am trying to work out how to go about creating a simulation with dust and smaller debris to come down with the falling rocks for the shot in the link below. Also is there a way to create sun beams to shine out around the rocks and dust in this shot.
I have tried emmiting particles from the rocks but I want the trail behind the rocks to only be a few metres growing out as they fall and they lead to the rocks start point. I am rubish with dynamics and have tried to use them before but have never been able to get a result I have been able to use. I understand this may well be beyond me so I may have to leave the effect out and hope it looks ok. If someone knows how to do this and can give a breakdown it would be much appreciated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_3GFp8Dvo0

fedayi
05-05-2008, 11:55 PM
you should emmit from object, with a per particle lifespan, to kill them off at a certain age, and if u want it to expand with a per particle radius. and if you want to have it become more or less transparent use a per particle opacity, all of this can be achieved with a simple ramp. so no need for expressions.

you can find the per particle attribute, in the per particle attributes tab in the particle attributes.

if you dont want to try out particles, then i suggest you show alot more debris, smaller ones, bigger ones, smaller ones that folow the bigger ones.

if you still need help then feel free to ask

CGTalk Moderation
05-05-2008, 11:55 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.