PDA

View Full Version : a question on brushes

dragonstooth257
05-05-2008, 09:45 AM
hi all

A while back I used to use photoshop and have just upgraded to CS3 professional. I'm just a little confused by the interface and one thing in particular is driving up the wall. I just want to use a basic brush but I can't access any brushes unless I click on something that does the opposite to what I want. I just want to paint with a brush but the basic button doesn't appear to be there - as it was in previous versions of photoshop. how do I add buttons to the interface of CS3? Also is there a fill tool somewhere in there? I managed to find some pictures of these tools in the help but I have no idea how to get them onto the interface (several hours of head banging already done so far :) ). any help would be much appriciated.

lssp
05-06-2008, 01:34 AM
ok I use the same as you do and it should be there at the top left side.When you start something new click brushes then go to top click on the arrow you see it there here is a pic for you to look at.
http://i25.tinypic.com/21ecgzn.jpg

suztv
05-06-2008, 04:42 PM
Hmmm. I think all you have to do is select the brush icon in the tool set and then click on the little menu toggle on the top menu bar to pull up the "brush" interface. As far as customizing the interface - you might be able to get a script guru to create that for you.

http://www.ps-scripts.com/bb/

Or someone has already done it - take a look and see, you never know.

dragonstooth257
05-07-2008, 05:09 AM
thank you for the help. I actually found out the solution to my problem was just to press B to put the cursor into brush mode (hopefully that make sense). My problem was that my tool box didn't have the little button in there so I will just use the keyboard short cut. But the replies above have also given me more to think about. Thanks for the help, the scripts forum looks most promising.

lssp
05-07-2008, 05:06 PM
glad you got it going you may want to set our tools to show in the tool bar

bkreut
05-31-2008, 08:13 AM
Also to note in case you weren't aware, some of the tools are underneath other tools. For example, if you go to tool box and click and hold down the Gradient Tool, you'll notice that you can change it to the Paint Bucket Tool. This applies to any tool that has a little arrow in the lower right hand corner. That could explain why you aren't seeing some of the tools you're used to having.

Hope it helps.

-Bk

CGTalk Moderation
05-31-2008, 08:13 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.