PDA

View Full Version : How to Rotate faces in Editable Poly

morys42
05-05-2008, 06:29 AM
Probably very basic thing, but after few weeks of intense learning of MaxSCRIPT and few days of figuring out how to do this, I'm giving up and asking.
I tried this forum and google and nothing, so I guess it's something obvious, but I just cannot see it.

Please help, thanks

As a reward and my first contribution to this forum, I made a model of wind wheel with script, that makes it spin in realtime according to sound input (blowing to microphone). If anybody is interested, let me know and I will prepare package and description how to make it work, otherwise I'm busy right now, so that's why I haven't done so yet.

Kramsurfer
05-05-2008, 07:04 PM
Wow.. the rotate command doesn't work.. BS...
You'll have to find the all the verts that comprise the face, compute the center and rotate them the ol' fashion way... I would consider doing them one plane at a time, similar to the rotate command that is "Rotate <node> <degree> [ x, y , z ] "
good luck

MarcoBrunetta
05-05-2008, 07:36 PM
I made a model of wind wheel with script, that makes it spin in realtime according to sound input (blowing to microphone).

Wicked! Thatīs certanly very original...

CGTalk Moderation
05-05-2008, 07:36 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.