PDA

View Full Version : London Arch Viz Training Event

jmottle
05-05-2008, 04:55 AM
3DATS and CGarchitect.com have partnered to bring you a one time exclusive training event for Architectural Visualization Artists. Featuring industry experts Brian Smith and Chris Bullen, each class includes 18 hours of intense instruction over two days including FREE lunch and refreshments both days.

CLASS 1
Fundamental 3ds Max for Architectural Visualization
July 28-29, 2008 / 8am - 6pm
Instructor: Chris Bullen

CLASS 2
Intermediate/Advanced 3ds Max for Architectural Visualization
July 28-29, 2008 / 8am - 6pm
Instructor: Brian Smith

CLASS 3
V-Ray for Architectural Visualization
July 30-31, 2008 / 8am - 6pm
Instructor: Brian Smith

CLASS 4
Mental Ray for Architectural Visualization
July 30-31, 2008 / 8am - 6pm
Instructor: Chris Bullen

For more Information and to Register go to:
http://www.3dats.com/london/

biliousfrog
05-05-2008, 08:04 PM
So I guess all of us using 3d apps other than 3ds Max for Arch Viz should give up now eh? :rolleyes:

ShiroEd
05-06-2008, 10:32 AM
Yeah, all three of you! :D Kidding!

Seriously though, it's easy to understand why Max/Viz is so prevelant in Arch Viz. Its always had close ties with AutoCAD which has only gotten closer with the latest versions. Its also had high end render plugins for a long while (VRay, Mental Ray, Brazil etc.) And to be honest most of the other 'major' 3D apps suck in comparisson when it comes to modelling accuracy (which is kinda important in Arch Viz).

Don't want to start an App War!

I'd love to go to all of those talks (especially the Mental Ray one) but they're too darn expensive. If they were 200 for each day then I 'might' consider it but not for 425! I'll sit myself down in front of a few tutorials instead.

jmottle
05-06-2008, 03:18 PM
Yeah, all three of you! :D Kidding!

Seriously though, it's easy to understand why Max/Viz is so prevelant in Arch Viz. Its always had close ties with AutoCAD which has only gotten closer with the latest versions. Its also had high end render plugins for a long while (VRay, Mental Ray, Brazil etc.) And to be honest most of the other 'major' 3D apps suck in comparisson when it comes to modelling accuracy (which is kinda important in Arch Viz).

Don't want to start an App War!

I'd love to go to all of those talks (especially the Mental Ray one) but they're too darn expensive. If they were 200 for each day then I 'might' consider it but not for 425! I'll sit myself down in front of a few tutorials instead.

Really they are about 200 per day. Each class is $850 US (approx 450) and each class is two days long for a total of 18 hours each. You'd be hard pressed to find a live training class for less than this. Most are 500-650 and the instructors have never worked in arch viz production.

CGTalk Moderation
05-06-2008, 03:18 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.