PDA

View Full Version : rigid bodies...well having problems noobie

a_joke
05-05-2008, 12:13 AM
has anyone seen this... http://youtube.com/watch?v=8HMNKsvcBWw .i was wondering. does there have to be a bone in order for the springs to affect the object like that. i come from lw/messiah so i'm pretty new to this. i tried a search but i haven't found anything that touches on this. all i find are softbodies. i really haven't had any real luck with that. any help much appreciated.

a_joke
05-07-2008, 10:43 PM
thanks guys i found a tutorial that might help. i guess that all it took was...a little perseverance.

tc
05-08-2008, 12:49 AM
nope, those are nulls connected with rigid body constraints.
in that case, passive nulls are pose-constrained to the chest bone.

you can use whatever you want though.. I'ld suggest you do some experiment with cages/nulls and rigid body constraints...
after you get it you'll see is quite easy to figure out rigs with dynamcs pieces connected to it.

You can also buid a simple mesh that represent your object and use that to deform the character mesh. So it doesn't really need to be anything specific with RB.

a_joke
05-08-2008, 04:24 PM
dude thank you for the insight. i'll be experimenting. i really do appreciate it :beer: .

a_joke
05-08-2008, 10:46 PM
hey tc you're the dude i was referring to. you're awesome and again i do appreciate the advice.

tc
05-08-2008, 11:58 PM
yey thanks! :)

CGTalk Moderation
05-08-2008, 11:58 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.