PDA

View Full Version : what is the background process behind sexylight macro for shake?

Deepsonic
05-04-2008, 05:08 PM
Hi friends,
I was trying to recreate something similar to sexylight I mean I want a standalone tool which works like sexy light.. Im using Openexr as my image format. But I tried using occlusion_dmap.sl shader from andrew whiterust page. But i couldnt get enough info how to build a relighting system based on the normal maps like the way sexylight does.

Can anybody impart some knowledge about this?

Aneks
05-06-2008, 05:18 AM
There has been a number of discussions on how to do normal based relighting in Shake on previous threads. Best bet is to look them up. That said there is also a number of good papers including the original SiGGRAPH ones on relighting if you jumo over to google.

Taking a look inside the macro in Shake should gove you an idea of the equations used in the colorX nodes. I think this would be simplest part of doing the standalone tool coding the UI and wiritng a reader for the open Exr and a buffer to display your results is gonna be a little harder no ?!

CGTalk Moderation
05-06-2008, 05:18 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.