PDA

View Full Version : anim : first school project ...a little 45 sec

Koma
05-15-2003, 01:41 PM
here my first character animation .. did this at the nad center it is my first work at school ...still need some little change and anim is not really good .. but i have no more time to work on it .. deadline is over . just wanna know if its correct for a first student demo and want to know your critic ... thanks everyone .

ps - one frame is missing so i think at 2 or 3 sec you can see a flash ... i will arrange this at the final montage .

http://www.3dluvr.com/gabe/demo_1/gatre_demo.mov

video is 22 mb

stephen2002
05-15-2003, 03:11 PM
That was quite odd. The knees on the person tend to pinch quite a bit, also the movements that he was making on the wall look awkward. It looked for a little like he was trying to jump off of the wall but the gravity kept switching directions. It's an interesting idea but the characters should look like they are mastering their environment espeically with this kind of piece, no matter how strange or wrong the physics are.

BladeFX
05-15-2003, 03:40 PM
I liked it. Great concept.
Still notice new things everytime I look.

:thumbsup:

maxmare
05-15-2003, 04:07 PM
Gabe, I may be interfering with your concept here so don't take my word for it.
The whold sequence is too dark making it difficult to watch, and the animation of the camera is jumpy and keeps changing the focus of the frame all the time, which I think makes the movement of the character look akward, and it is not the case probably. There may be issues with the motions of the characters and objects, but they are not clear nor near and that is bad, because if the motions/animations were good you wouldn't notice anyway.
I'd rethink the whole camera sequence approach first without changing anything else and see what happens.
Don't take me wrong, I love the concept, the models, the mood and (maybe) the perfomance, so keep going, you have potentially a masterpice in the making.
Always a pleasure watching your work.

rquinn
05-15-2003, 04:58 PM
you go to nad?
in montreal?
what cegep did you go to?
nad is tha shit

xtrm3d
05-15-2003, 05:51 PM
ben alors ???? tes pas mort ??? :p

suuupperbe piece of art !!!
i like the mood.. and the surealism..
and i dont bother for the small issue about the small animation issue...
really ..really.. but really good work.!!!!

this is art !!!
5 star from me :beer:

Koma
05-16-2003, 03:31 PM
thanks guy's

maxmare ... too dark maybe its your screen .... the sequence its a bit dark but what you have to see is clear on my computer anyway ... thanks you for your critics

-R.Quinn . yup i go to nad at montreal .. et je parle francais ....si ta des question tu peu toujours m ecrire un email

xtrm3d he he ca fait longtemps ... comptent de savoir que toi aussi tes encore en vie et puis j ai lu l interview sur toi c est vraiment super .....merci beaucoup pour ta critiques ... j ai pas trop le temps de ce temps si mais je vais essayer de te pogner sur msn ... et encore felicitation pour l interview et pour les nouveau perso que j avais pas vu yen avait des tres cool et d autre super he he .. continu ..:buttrock: :bounce:

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 03:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.