PDA

View Full Version : Constraint on a Ref Model

shadowedge
05-04-2008, 09:09 AM
Hi all,

I feel this is somehow my fault. I know I'm overlooking something... just can't put my finger on it.

I have a null that's position constrained to a referenced model. Every time I re-open the scene The constraint disappears.

The referenced model has a little position animation, and has some animation in the mixer.
One workaround I could think of is to transfer the position animation of the ref model into one of the parental controllers within the model itself (as an offset) OR to copy the position animation onto the null --- so I wouldn't have to care about the null's constraint. (Because I have the instanced models parented to the null).

But just in case I encounter a situation like this again can anyone give me some advice?

Thanks!

J

floyd1510
05-09-2008, 06:59 AM
Well this is more of a guess than a suggestion. Try applying a Pose constraint instead of a Position and uncheck rotation in it. Alternately you could write an expression on the local X/Y/Z transforms to match the referenced object. Make sure both the objects are zero'd (Set Neutral Pose/Freeze transformations) beofre you do that.

Cheers,
Vikram

mkapfhammer
05-11-2008, 06:53 AM
If you're in XSI 5.11:
When you click on the referenced model's icon and look in the Local Modification to Save, do you have 'Constraints' checked?

CGTalk Moderation
05-11-2008, 06:53 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.