PDA

View Full Version : align to path question

wup101
05-03-2008, 06:37 AM
After i set up my path with the pen tool, I pick the brush tool, but the path would just disappear

How do I get the path to stay visible while I paint along the path?

Jinbrown
05-04-2008, 02:15 AM
After i set up my path with the pen tool, I pick the brush tool, but the path would just disappear

How do I get the path to stay visible while I paint along the path?

Hi,

For an existing Stroke that's invisible when you choose the Brush tool:

1. In the Layers palette, highlight the Stroke Layer.

2. Go to Shapes > Set Shape Attributes and check the Stroke box.

3. Just to the right of the Stroke box, double-click the Stroke Color square, choose a color,, then click the OK button.

Before you begin to draw Strokes, on the Property Bar:

1. Check the Stroke box.

2. Just to the right of the Stroke box, click the small triangle on the Stroke Color square to open the color swatches, and choose a color.

#

wup101
05-06-2008, 10:52 PM
Thanks for the reply. So I always have to apply a stroke before I use the brush tool? I was hoping the pen path would just stay visible like in photoshop. Oh well.. I guess I can always delete the shaper layer after I'm done tracing it.

Jinbrown
05-07-2008, 01:27 AM
Yes, if you want to be able to see the Pen path, you'll need to check the Stroke box before drawing with the Pen tool, or after drawing with the Pen tool by using Shapes > Set Shape Attributes and checking the Stroke box.

Yes, when you're sure you won't need the Shape again, you can delete the Shape Layer.

#

CGTalk Moderation
05-07-2008, 01:27 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.