PDA

View Full Version : Cut and drag multiple layers?

TaylorHam
05-02-2008, 09:40 PM
I'm trying to paint a slate roof texture with diffuse, spec, and bump maps. I've made 20 different tiles, using 3 layers (diffuse, etc.), and now I want to randomize and place the tiles individually, and duplicate them all over the place. Is there a way to select one of the tiles (such as with the rectangular marquee) and have it cut and drag all 3 layers when I Ctrl + drag?

Otherwise I'll have to put each tile on it's own separate layer and just link each of the tiles' seperate map layers. Is that the only way to really do this?

kraal
05-03-2008, 08:05 PM
try copy merged ... not sure exactly wht you are asking

Dtox
05-03-2008, 08:38 PM
He wants to be able to cut-copy-paste/move the tiles by selecting them in all layers such as color, bump,displ,spec,diffuse all at the same time.
I'm not sure that Photoshop has that functionality.
For something like that you probably need a real 3D paint package like Bodypaint that knows how to deal with all the material channels and knows that they go together like that.

I'm not sure that there's not a way to do it in photoshop, but if there is it's a workaround not a specific function made to work with material channels.
I know for a fact that 3D paint apps have this functionality though.

CGTalk Moderation
05-03-2008, 08:38 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.