PDA

View Full Version : How can I best motiontrack on a bluescreen limbo???

tweaker
05-15-2003, 10:07 AM
How can I best motiontrack on a bluescreen limbo???

I'm using 2d3 (boujou) or matchmover (realviz)

I was thinking reference points like blue or green dots and crosses?
Or a blue cubu I can track on?

Let me know!

THANX!!! :applause:

joconnell
05-15-2003, 11:05 AM
Pretty much any colour that stands out from the background. I normally use black crosses made from masking tape. If at all possible you should film some footage of a grid so you can measure the lens distortion of the camera you're shooting with. Also take a few measurements of the set and if it is only a blue backdrop, if possible stick a reference object in an area of the screen that you can garbage matte out easily - if you measure this you can feed the width and height into boujou to make your track more accurate again. If at all possible get all of the tutorials that come with boujou and give them a run through, aside from the processing they're farily quick to do.

tweaker
05-15-2003, 11:16 AM
Black crosses sounds ok!
But I can't key them out later, so I have to make sure that they do not interfer with my main character.
Same goes for the cube, if I make it black or red or whatever I should always make sure it is away from my character.

right?

thanx...

o2rulez
05-18-2003, 03:19 PM
The advise from 2d3 on tracking bluescreen is to put junk into the scene that can be removed with a garbage matte later (as mentioned earlier ). They also recommend you wrap a cube with an old newspaper for referance. Also if you plan on a panning shot you should provide some sort of measure for depth, e.g two differently colored boxes, where you place one in front of the other. Boujou needs parallax in a scene in order to extract 3D-info.

tweaker
05-18-2003, 06:17 PM
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 03:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.