PDA

View Full Version : may be looks silly but have to ask it!!

shalabology
05-02-2008, 07:06 PM
what is dot net? i opened th topic in the help but didnt get most of it , revised the topic on cg talk , script spot .... etc but got no much info
i am using MXS and so familiar with it , so any one would help me?

Kramsurfer
05-05-2008, 05:47 PM
http://www.pcmag.com/encyclopedia_term/0,2542,t=net&i=36857,00.asp

Number 2 on this page of definitions...

shalabology
05-05-2008, 09:14 PM
Kramsurfer thank u for the link but what is the next , though what is the next step to go thru it from where to begin? i am not a former programmer or so i am just ordinary mxs user, ....
so eager to get a fullfillng answers!

PiXeL_MoNKeY
05-05-2008, 09:21 PM
The Maxscript reference should give you plenty of information on using DotNet in MaxScript. Just search the MaxScript Help for "dotnet".

-Eric

Kramsurfer
05-05-2008, 10:31 PM
You may wish to get a beginners book, or search the web, on Visual Basic and D/L microsoft's Visual Basic Express. After learning UI's and creating some basic programs in VB, you find it much easier to adapt the syntax of dotnet to maxscript.

You could also learn C# or C++, all of them use the dotnet frame work.. I found VB to be the easiest and fastest route to making usable standalone .exe's. Just choose one and get learning...

Good luck

http://www.microsoft.com/express/product/default.aspx

LoneRobot
05-06-2008, 09:06 AM
I'll second what Keith just said - Learning VB or similar will really help you work out what max is actually asking for when using dotnet classes and objects. Working on an object level is similar to maxscript in some ways (you will be used to accessing and setting properties, for example) but using objects properly (in OOP) takes a small learning curve to get your head around the concept. Visual Studio is a very mature programming environment - it really helps you program as a beginner as the intellisense will prompt you with options each time you type. And the express version is free which aint bad either! I would actually recommend this route before even looking at the MXS help topics - they won't mean as much than if you've looked at Visual Studio first, IMHO.:thumbsup:

shalabology
05-06-2008, 10:31 PM
guys i really appreciate your response, according what i got thru ur answers that i should begin learning visual studio programms, i think it would be better to get into c ++ coz its related to sdk and thus double benifits, again thank you very much guys , and i hope that my next qs would be more indepth:)

CGTalk Moderation
05-06-2008, 10:31 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.