PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else have this selection hotkey problem...

Jinosuke
05-02-2008, 04:24 PM
...or maybe with other tools in general. Sometimes for me, the selction tool hotkeys simply dont work. In this case, I want to use the cntrl-shift-I to invert my selections, but nothing happens. I can do it manually from the file menu though. Hoping someone can clue me in if there is something I may inadvertantly be doing that causes this.. or is it a known bug?

kvb
05-05-2008, 04:27 PM
working fine here in CS3 on a mac. If you're on a mac, is an OSX action tied to that same key command? They tend to override app specific commands.

Good luck hunting it down,
kvb

suztv
05-05-2008, 09:06 PM
I think it's a bug. I have had that happen occasionally - not sure why. I also have had my laptop completely loose it and even typing in Photoshop (like on a text layer) becomes an exercise in futility. I think there is an issue with CS3 and depending on the speed and power of your machine, various degress of flunkiness show.

Best bet would be to close and restart photoshop - if that doesn't work, close, trash prefs and then restart again. Of course if it is a program bug - it doesn't matter what you do, it will always show its ugly head just when you don't need it too.

podgorski
05-08-2008, 06:40 AM
I have that problem only when ICQ or Trillian are running... If you use some of those programs (or maybe some other IM program that uses that shortcut) try quitting them and see if it works then... shift+ctrl+i is a shortcut used in both of those programs and it looks like that photoshop doesent recognize it if one of those is running
hope this helped

PatienceKing
05-09-2008, 02:11 PM
yeah, i've had that problem with trillian. it has global hotkeys on by default. It's in Advanced Preferences -> Automation. Click on each of the useless functions and hit the red X and i guess uncheck all the checkboxes. Winamp also has global hotkeys, but I think they're only on if you intentionally activate them. (I love em, control winamp from inside a fullscreen game or anything)

CGTalk Moderation
05-09-2008, 02:11 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.