PDA

View Full Version : MegaMan vs Earthworm Jim, Tom Pollock Jr (2D)

RenegadeWang
05-02-2008, 05:00 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/gallerycrits/122674/122674_1209744017_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/gallerycrits/122674/122674_1209744017_large.jpg)

Title: MegaMan vs Earthworm Jim
Name: Tom Pollock Jr
Software: Photoshop

I've been working up prints to sell at comic conventions, and hopefully this bad-boy stirs up some 90's nostalgia... Hand drawn, inked, and colored in Photoshop 7. About 12 hours.

I tried to get the feel of Earthworm Jim's world, green sky, deep purples and orange/browns, junkyard, etc... Let me know what you guys think, about the color, drawing, whatever, I appreciate the crits.

KoraggTheKnightWolf
05-03-2008, 04:36 PM
MEGAMAN!!! He Rocks

DavidBarnes
05-04-2008, 12:17 AM
Hey, I'm a big fan of Mega man too. I like the colors and textures you applied on the trucks in the scene. The shadows on the characters in contrast w/ the plasma shot were a lil' too dark and needed a bit more ambience, in my opinion. Also the foreground seemed a bit off from the lighting in atmosphere. but other than that, I like the attention to detail overall and keep it up bro

RenegadeWang
05-04-2008, 03:09 PM
Thanks. I was actually worried the shadows on them were too light. The only reason I didn't go darker was to keep it from looking like Jim was wearing gray (instead of his classic white). I really wanted to seel the blast from the gun. Thanks so much for taking the time. I appreciate it.

jade__fox
05-05-2008, 07:00 PM
lol... I remember playing both of these games!

I love the lighting and the color. very smooth!

i would love to see more of these crossovers.

take care

josh-o-matic
08-05-2008, 06:40 AM
Good composition and really expressive drawing! The light from the beam on the figures is awesome. I like the heavy, overcast sky. =)
The atmospheric perspective helps the background recede, but maybe a change in the contrast or focus of the closest car would help with the depth. Then again that might not be in the style of the picture.

CGTalk Moderation
08-05-2008, 06:40 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.