PDA

View Full Version : Dana Boadway

PaulHellard
05-02-2008, 07:09 AM
The illusion and creation of performance has been the driving force behind Dana Boadway's work. Barbara Robertson talks to Dana about her life of travel, teaching, acting and animating.

http://features.cgsociety.org//images/plugs/feature/dana_boadway_featureplug.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/story.php?story_id=4502)

mirak3d
05-02-2008, 08:38 AM
very interesting life style
I really want to be her student :)

Daniel-B
05-02-2008, 09:10 AM
My name is Daniel Broadway. Strange. :surprised

AJ
05-02-2008, 09:48 AM
Yay Dana!

She's a great mentor & most importantly has an unsurpassed taste in excellent films... And beer.

PenGuin
05-02-2008, 07:53 PM
I'm in Dana's class right now - shes got an awesome eye to detail when it comes to those sparks of life in our animations. She knows what movement will sell each action. Great teacher.

emilioG
05-02-2008, 09:05 PM
Great article.

The only thing the article doesn't state is how sweet of a person she is. A rare gem in this world. I had the immense pleasure of working with Dana on Halo 3.

Excellent animator, excellent person.
Go Dana! :buttrock:

-Em

Jozvex
05-03-2008, 01:48 AM
Wow... she should make her next goal after her short film, 'rule the universe' because her track record so far would give her a good shot at it! :thumbsup:

Great article, good on her!

Cobster
05-03-2008, 07:54 AM
Thanks, it is always really inspiring for me to read about women doing well in the industry. What a great role model.

Killerjellybean
05-03-2008, 05:57 PM
Hi all!

Thanks to everyone for the great feedback. The CGS editor, Paul Hellard, just told me about this link - I didn't even know it was here!

So thanks to all of you and thanks to Paul and to Barbara, who wrote the article. Your support is overwhelming, and very much appreciated!

I've met the best people in my life through this business!!

Cheers,
:) Dana

MrPositive
05-04-2008, 03:22 PM
Great article. I wonder if Dana's first post had to be checked.

amannin
05-04-2008, 06:00 PM
i keep reading it as "Broadway" not "Boadway O.o

thank you for the article

jussing
05-04-2008, 11:07 PM
My name is Daniel Broadway. Strange. :surprised
:D There's a touch of fate there.

fabiopaiva
05-05-2008, 01:51 AM
Great life story.
So inspiring for me. :)

thanks..

sinolacra
05-05-2008, 08:51 AM
just OH MY GOD. just OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD :)

this is such an inspiring lifestyle. I wish I could be close to such career.

I wish you a long hapy life Dana Boadway, so as many people as possible can witness your story and learn from you.

Hopping to meet you someday...

BldRnr
05-05-2008, 01:19 PM
Great coverage of you and your career! Port Perry, ON?? Great little town my dad lives in Lindsay, ON.
If you ever set up shop up there let me know I'd be glad to join.

artfx
05-05-2008, 04:23 PM
Yes I agree with emilioG, she is a very nice person and a nice animator, I had the pleasure of meeting her here in India and it was sure was a great experience to work with her. Really wish her the best, and hope to work with her sometime in life. And yes it is an envious work style that she has got...

Cheers
Mehul

Great article.

The only thing the article doesn't state is how sweet of a person she is. A rare gem in this world. I had the immense pleasure of working with Dana on Halo 3.

Excellent animator, excellent person.
Go Dana! :buttrock:

-Em

Fraenk
05-05-2008, 06:11 PM
Hey Captain!

Great article and congrats for beeing now a cg-society-super-star! It's such a pleasure
beeing your student and wish you the very best with your short-film!

Frankster

snowkiwi
05-06-2008, 07:40 PM
Short films is what I want to get into too. I can learn from her.

vlad74
05-07-2008, 12:02 AM
Talented and beautiful. Inspirational article.

betito
05-07-2008, 09:32 AM
just OH MY GOD. just OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD :)

this is such an inspiring lifestyle. I wish I could be close to such career.

I wish I could be close to her !! , she's not only talented but very cute, I'm in love :drool:

Katachi
05-07-2008, 01:18 PM
very interesting life style
I really want to be her student :)

yep, I agree. However, I would like to be her romance. ;) Really great career. Wish it was that easy. :)

ademation
05-07-2008, 09:36 PM
a great animator and a great teacher,
go dana gooooooo!

adem

lifeofillusion
05-10-2008, 07:21 AM
hurrray !!! 3 cheers for Dana !

i was lucky to have her as my mentor at Animation Mentor and she is absolutely fabulous. More than a mentor she is like a friend. And her animation knowledge is spell binding. She will explain in a very nice encouraging way and at the same time she wont hold any thing back. This balance is very rare to have while giving criticism. She has taken the word "constructive criticism" to a new level ! :-)

I truly feel privileged for being in her class as a student. I have learned so much by her suggestions/feedback/critiques and listening to her insightful knowledge about animation. Her passion and ethusiasm is simply contagious !

Way to go Dana !!! Looking forward to meeting you sometime in person or may be working with you ! :-)

Cheers,
Anirudh

Pesto
06-03-2008, 06:09 PM
Loved your critique and eye for detail. You are very talented...and as someone said before...beautiful! Marry me ;)

CGTalk Moderation
06-03-2008, 06:09 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.