PDA

View Full Version : T-1000 Reformation

supremepizza
05-01-2008, 08:16 PM
Hello,

I just picked up Glue3D and want to try something like the reformation of the T-1000 from the Terminator series. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWz8AeB9nnc

I've never used Glue3D and can use any advice before I set something up wrong and have to start over.

I'd prefer to use PFlow if possible since I'm most familliar with it but I'm unsure how to set up my Pflow, with A to B, with Glue3D in the mix. I'm thinking something simple like a text effect to start with then moving to an animated mesh after I get the technique down.

Thanks,
Bill

PsychoSilence
05-03-2008, 03:59 AM
allan mckay has an A to B tutorial:

http://www.allanmckay.com/tut/tut_ObjAB.avi

thats what u need...store the final position TM in a script > send it out immediately to a new event > create ur animation with all kinda forces and test it with a find target set to "by script vector"(reading the stored vector position of the script) > you should be set.

hope i could help,

Anselm

supremepizza
05-04-2008, 03:38 AM
Thanks PS.

I can handle the A to B no problem but I don't know how to integrate the Glue3D into it. Are you familliar with it?

PsychoSilence
05-04-2008, 04:28 AM
to have the most control i would step away from the glu solver itself but would stick to the PWrapper which is basicly a better blobmesh/iso mesh then the max implemented.

u need alot of control over the motion so iŽd set up my movement entirely with pflow described in the video tut then iŽd use a PWrapper with a low detail level maybe even to keep the quck silver look.

but the main task will definitely be to tame the "find target" the right way along with forces.

supremepizza
05-05-2008, 10:18 PM
Good idea. I just didn't see a way where Glue3D could handle the setup I need for the scene. Sometimes having a new plugin isn't the reason to use it.

Thanks again,
Bill

CGTalk Moderation
05-05-2008, 10:18 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.