PDA

View Full Version : shape instances with "look at" possible?

ChristophZollinger
05-01-2008, 05:23 PM
Hey there,

is it possible to get the same effect from "shape facing" on "shape instances" with geometry?

supremepizza
05-02-2008, 09:12 PM
Give me a clue of what you're up to cause you seem to be answering the question with your question.

CapitanRed
05-04-2008, 07:17 PM
hmm...didn't try it, but maybe add shape facing operator, and then right after it a shape instance. could work

grury
05-05-2008, 07:19 AM
Give me a clue of what you're up to cause you seem to be answering the question with your question.

Hum?? How's that?

Anyways, it isnt possible, at least with the standard operators, aparently its possible with Box#3.

CapitanRed
05-05-2008, 07:56 AM
i tried shapefacing and shape instance one after the other, and it works here :)

supremepizza
05-05-2008, 10:23 PM
Hum?? How's that?

Anyways, it isnt possible, at least with the standard operators, aparently its possible with Box#3.
Hey there,

is it possible to get the same effect from "shape facing" on "shape instances" with geometry?
i tried shapefacing and shape instance one after the other, and it works here :)
TaDA! Answered his own question with the question.

ChristophZollinger
05-12-2008, 06:09 PM
-------------------CLICK IMAGE-----------------------

http://www.wacompirate.com/upload/temp/suicidebot/suicidebot.jpg (http://www.wacompirate.com/upload/temp/suicidebot/suicidebot.html)

The Bullets are facing in the correct direction, but when I rotate the torso, they donīt stay in their place.
The same strange behavior, when I set keyframes for the torso.
Any solution?

supremepizza
05-14-2008, 05:31 PM
Place a non renderable plane. Link it to the turret or whatever and use a speed by surface. You may need a lock/bond depending on the situation.

charleyc
05-14-2008, 09:17 PM
If you are using the ShapeFacing and then ShapeInstance, just link whatever object you used for ShapeFacing to the gun barrel control object.

CGTalk Moderation
05-14-2008, 09:17 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.