PDA

View Full Version : finding vertices on an edge and interpolating to straighten them... like view align

abyjoe
05-01-2008, 05:05 PM
say I have an edge with 8 verts... I select two verts on that edge i.e. 2 and 8... now how can i find out what vertices are there between 2 and 8 on the same edge ???

what I want to do is select two verts on an edge and then have spiners for X, Y and Z values to control the movement of the verts in between them...

as the first step what I want is the selected verts remain in place and the others align themself in a straignt line... its like "view align" but without affecting the ends. later on I will make this more interesting with interpolating curves...

abyjoe
05-02-2008, 05:27 PM
anyone... just need so know If I can do something like view align without affecting the ends

Gravey
05-03-2008, 12:55 AM
there's a script on scriptspot called straighten edge that you might get some ideas from:
http://www.scriptspot.com/3ds-max/straighten-edge

CGTalk Moderation
05-03-2008, 12:55 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.