View Full Version : Paid Tutorials for XSI

zoom3d
05-01-2008, 03:49 PM
I am looking for paid tutorials like Digital tutors's and gnomon's
is there another company like these

Mostly Character modeling , rigging and animation Trainings

a_joke
05-01-2008, 04:59 PM
www.3dtutorial.com/xsi.php?detail=37 (http://www.3dtutorial.com/xsi.php?detail=37)

try this site. i personally can't say if the videos are any good because i can't afford it yet, but it's worth a look.

dwigfor
05-01-2008, 05:43 PM
Skip the DT rigging dvd - i heard that has problems...

3dquakers has good stuff

My next tutorial purchase will be Manny's 3dMastermind

DracoDralion
05-01-2008, 06:45 PM
My next tutorial purchase will be Manny's 3dMastermind

Just purchased it myself and I just started working though the first few clips and it is really good. He starts off quite basic, but at such a pace that it's not boring. He explains vvery well why he's doing things, which I miss in the 3DQuakers ones. And the problems he has with his mic makes it funny at some times. It shows he's used to teaching and he knows a lot of side tricks which I wasn't even aware of it was possible at all. Gonna write a full review ones I went trough it all, but I have other things to do for uni as well.

Another rigging DVD which I really liked was from Jason Schleiffer called Animator Friendly Rigging. It is for Maya, but it is soooooo good and explains every single detail.

And I agree that the Digital Tutors aren't really good if you want to be a real rigger. If you just want to learn basics it's alright, but it goes a loooooot (with some more o's) further than they go..

My 50 Euro cent.

dotTom
05-04-2008, 08:49 AM
Just purchased it myself and I just started working though the first few clips and it is really good. He starts off quite basic, but at such a pace that it's not boring. He explains vvery well why he's doing things, which I miss in the 3DQuakers ones. And the problems he has with his mic makes it funny at some times. It shows he's used to teaching and he knows a lot of side tricks which I wasn't even aware of it was possible at all. Gonna write a full review ones I went trough it all, but I have other things to do for uni as well.

Another rigging DVD which I really liked was from Jason Schleiffer called Animator Friendly Rigging. It is for Maya, but it is soooooo good and explains every single detail.

And I agree that the Digital Tutors aren't really good if you want to be a real rigger. If you just want to learn basics it's alright, but it goes a loooooot (with some more o's) further than they go..

My 50 Euro cent.

I'm also working through Manny's "Character In Motion" DVD (http://www.3dmastermind.com/) and it is really really good. Highly recommended. I think agree about DT's XSI rigging titles, but that said DT's other XSI stuff is first class.

CGTalk Moderation
05-04-2008, 08:49 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.