PDA

View Full Version : property fixup?

Tikisan
05-15-2003, 04:31 AM
ok i realize thatt a property fixup has to do with something corrupt in the file...but is there any harm in just deleting them? will it mess up the scene? and how do i get rid of it making more and more each time i load the scene?

ggg
05-15-2003, 06:00 AM
I usually try to notice them at a save then go back one version

or if I can't then I export my models, storing all external dependencies such as contraints etc into actions so there are no external dependencies and then export the models mixer and delete all mixer tracks/clips(a simple script is good for this) and import it into a new scene and then import its mixer.

Atyss
05-15-2003, 06:12 AM
Property Fixup can appear for any kind of problem in the scene. Sometimes you can delete them without harm, sometimes you can't.

When you can't, you may try what Graham suggested, and you may also try to export as dotXSI and reimport. However, you have to find the source of the problem and fix it. I remember having this problem that were related to some shapes in the Mixer. Deleting the mixer sources and re-storing them fixed it. I know of people who had this because of a texture projection.

Cheers
Bernard

Tikisan
05-15-2003, 06:17 AM
thanks...ill have to try the exportin/importin...but i havent used the mixer in this scene...so it might be a texture projection like atyss was saying...would i just delete the projection and make a new one?

Atyss
05-15-2003, 06:27 AM
Well this is basic scene troubleshooting. That you mean you'll have to investigate all objects in the scene. Start by checking in the PropFixup node itself if you can find clues about the source of the problem. If you get no results from that, then I'm affraid you'll have to delete one object after another and the PropFixup everytime, saving your scene and reopening. PropFixups are created at the opening of the scene.

Good luck.

Bernard

Tikisan
05-15-2003, 06:31 AM
greaaaat...but thanks so much for the info and help :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 03:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.