PDA

View Full Version : nCloth intersecting help

ArianTibbs
05-01-2008, 04:46 AM
I have a curtain that I'm opening, and when the cloth starts to collide, it starts intersecting and sticking to itself in gross ways. What setting can I adjust to correct this?

trgTyson
05-01-2008, 03:37 PM
Just a shot in the dark since I am not sure exactly how your scene is setup, but check to make sure your normals aren't reveresed.

Cheers!

JulianS
05-01-2008, 07:32 PM
You need to look at two important things:

your nCloth Thickness and self collde you can even preview it with the Solver Display
your solver Attributes " Substeps" and " Max Collisions Iterations" my production settings are

Substeps 14-16
Max Collisions Iterations 30-45

ArianTibbs
05-01-2008, 09:04 PM
You need to look at two important things:

your nCloth Thickness and self collde you can even preview it with the Solver Display
your solver Attributes " Substeps" and " Max Collisions Iterations" my production settings are

Substeps 14-16
Max Collisions Iterations 30-45

Worked perfectly. I also discovered that if I increase the "Max Self Collide Iterations" (under Quality Settings in the cloth object) from 4 - 12, it helps quite a bit. Thanks!

CGTalk Moderation
05-01-2008, 09:04 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.