PDA

View Full Version : Project Overlord (asset management software) v1 Available now

studiomaxer3d
04-30-2008, 07:57 PM
Project Overlord asset/project management software is now available for download. Before purchasing you can give it a test run for 30 days.

Visit www.give-soft.com (http://www.give-soft.com/) for more information.

Also, make sure to join the forum.

sacslacker
04-30-2008, 11:28 PM
Wow, that's a great price. Thanks for the heads up guys! This looks sweet.

studiomaxer3d
05-01-2008, 01:18 AM
I forgot to mention the link to videos showing some features of the software.

http://give-soft.com/po_videos.html

R10k
05-01-2008, 05:04 AM
Looks interesting, but those videos are incredibly mind-numbingly boring. Sorry! I can't think of any other way of saying it ;) For example, the Introduction to Client video has a lot of slow talking about how each of the panels can be minimised and docked. Is that really important information? From that, I get the feeling there's so little to say about the program you need to talk about something that'd normally be left for the recesses of the manual.

How about some excitement guys? ;) Seriously, I was just hoping for a solid overview of what features the program has, in a short amount of time.

salmonmoose
05-01-2008, 09:59 AM
Can I suggest you get whomever designed your webpages to not use flash for something that could be done in AJAX ... or in fact CSS?

studiomaxer3d
05-01-2008, 12:04 PM
You didn't try viewing the site on an iphone did you? :) (no flash)

I agree that the videos are a bit boring. They are designed to satisfy people who will not read the manual. A featurette video is being produced at the moment for those who will be bored by the videos that are there. Sorry you got bored.

fahr
05-01-2008, 01:37 PM
Any chance of this going multi-platform? Mac and Linux users would like this too! :)

R10k
05-01-2008, 01:38 PM
No problem... I think it's a good idea having video for people who don't like manuals, but a featurette video really is needed to grab people's attention, since it's not immediately obvious what is it the program does.

studiomaxer3d
05-01-2008, 02:01 PM
Any chance of this going multi-platform? Mac and Linux users would like this too! :)

Yes, there are plans. Early development has started. It will most likely be written in JAVA.

We have had it running on both Linux and Mac with MONO (.net for linux and mac) but MONO is still in development and doesn't meet all our needs yet.

nrgy
05-01-2008, 09:41 PM
*hint* QT *hint*

:)

studiomaxer3d
05-01-2008, 09:54 PM
QT - I know I know :)

joshone
05-06-2008, 06:42 PM
Is application integration in the works for PO, Justin?

studiomaxer3d
05-06-2008, 07:18 PM
It's definately in the works. Most likely the first application to make use of PO integration will be XSI.

harlan_hill
05-06-2008, 08:23 PM
Thank you Justin, looks great. Count me in on the OSX & Linux versions when they're ready - even though I'm not a big java app fan. :thumbsup:

FloydBishop
05-06-2008, 09:56 PM
As someone who has used the software in Beta, it's great to see it finally get a release. It's really powerful, and Justin is great about implimenting and improving things all the time.

I reccommend it!

CGTalk Moderation
05-06-2008, 09:56 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.