PDA

View Full Version : Breakdancing WIP

Phredrek
04-30-2008, 12:38 PM
Hi Everyone!

this is my current work in progress, I still have a little ways to go on it but I'd like to share with you guys to see what everyone thinks so far:

http://www.chickennugget.org/animation/BreakingAndy_36blast.avi

I still have to fix some pops here and there and the ending is still pretty sloppy, not even sure if that's a strong enough end pose. It could probably use some more snappy movement but anyhow, let me know what you guys think!

Phredrek

anthonymcgrath
04-30-2008, 12:54 PM
man this aint an easy animation to fire out lol! Awesome start tho - theres a coupla moments where feet appear to slip on the floor as hands are placing but I'm sure you know where they are. My crit would be the bit where he is on the ground then gets up and drops onto the ground again (frames 130-150 ish) ...I would exaggerate that weight by enhancing the upright pose more possibly and dropping him a touch faster - I can see the kinda freeze/into-drop thing going on but it feels a little soft at the moment

awesome work mate - I'm working on some capoeira stuff at home and thats not easy so this would give me nightmares lol but you've tackled it brilliantly :)

cant wait to see the updates :cool:

Phredrek
05-01-2008, 01:25 AM
Hi Anthony,

thanks for your msg! Yeah that hop up/down thing does need to be exagerated a bit more, I've already really tightened it up from the reference but looks like i gotta take it even further! Thanks for the fresh eyes.

ya the the feet sliding is going to be fixed by the next time I post my progress.
Thanks!

let me know anyone if theres anything else

anthonymcgrath
05-01-2008, 08:44 AM
no problem - you already sound like your on the right track with the piece - I'm looking forward to v02 :)

CGTalk Moderation
05-01-2008, 08:44 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.