PDA

View Full Version : Mummy 3 - First Poster arrives! Very cool!

vfx
04-30-2008, 08:31 AM
I'm a BIG Mummy fan so will continue to keep everyone updated on the progress of the film...

Here's the first teaser poster and I have to say I Iove it!

http://www.robcohenthemummy.com/

http://www.firstshowing.net/img/mummy3-tsrposter-big.jpg

Some more info from the blog:

Plus, on Wednesday at midnight I will relaunch the design of this site with new photos, set designs and conceptual art drawings for your enjoyment.
As of now I have completed a little over 300 of 964 visual effects shots (I feel like I'm drowning) and it is all coming really well.... I will soon get back to you as to a debut date of the trailer.

R10k
04-30-2008, 08:33 AM
Nice ;) I can't wait for a trailer...

Pyke
04-30-2008, 10:12 AM
I really loved the first mummy movie (I think it may have also been the thrill of seeing Arnold Vosloo on screen...its always nice when a South African makes it big!), and apart from some aspects fo the second one (the reincarnation part....and the horrid CG scorpion king), I loved the second one.
Its just an awsome set of advanture movies. ;)

Looking forward to this!

P_T
04-30-2008, 10:57 AM
I really loved the first mummy movie (I think it may have also been the thrill of seeing Arnold Vosloo on screen...its always nice when a South African makes it big!), and apart from some aspects fo the second one (the reincarnation part....and the horrid CG scorpion king), I loved the second one.
Its just an awsome set of advanture movies. ;)

Looking forward to this!I agree!! To me it was the closest thing to Indy's adventure as they got.

vfx
04-30-2008, 01:38 PM
Yup... they are with out doubt the most fun adventure films of recent especially the 1st!.. the 2nd tried too hard and was a let down in many ways.. lets hope this one, with a new director pulls it back!

Baltasound
04-30-2008, 03:47 PM
Love the movies, cant wait :cool:

switchblade327
04-30-2008, 07:50 PM
Cool poster. I also dig this series for the fun, pulp action but... where's Rachel Weisz this time!?

Abaddon
05-01-2008, 12:34 AM
No Rachel makes me very sad. :cry: Still looking forward to the movie though, will be fun. :wavey:

MrPositive
05-01-2008, 04:59 PM
The first Mummy was one of my favorite popcorn flicks of all time. The second is a shining example of how CG CAN actually hurt a movie. That Scorpion King is so odd to look at that it was the catalyst of the uncanny valley in CG. I'm definitely looking forward to this.

j83
05-01-2008, 07:19 PM
Yay, I'm a big Mummy fan and a big Jet Li fan, so this is great! :)

CGTalk Moderation
05-01-2008, 07:19 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.