PDA

View Full Version : mirrow window feature?

kraal
04-30-2008, 05:20 AM
ok my turn for a feature question. i just got a cintiq and was wondering is there a way to open an image in two different windows each of them editable..... for those familiar with photoshop the command in PS is 'open new wendow for'

Jinbrown
04-30-2008, 09:17 AM
You can have as many copies of your working image open at the same time as you want as long as each is saved with a different file name, or as long as you make a Clone of the working image (this method will automatically flatten the image), and they'll all be editable.

However, only the working image and the small image in the Info palette will be dynamically updated as you work.

If you'd like to request this as an enhancement to Painter, post your message at The PainterFactory (http://painterfactory.com), in the Suggestion Box forum.

#

kraal
04-30-2008, 01:00 PM
thanks again jin

tomt
05-02-2008, 04:46 PM
Not necessarily related, and I don't know if a bug or not, but I can open Painter X.1 on a windows vista home premium machine more than once simultaniously. Did it by accident, and it seems both program opens appeared to work.Confusing to say the least.

Jinbrown
05-04-2008, 01:55 AM
Not necessarily related, and I don't know if a bug or not, but I can open Painter X.1 on a windows vista home premium machine more than once simultaniously. Did it by accident, and it seems both program opens appeared to work.Confusing to say the least.

Hi Tom,

All that follows was using WinXP Home SP2:

That happened to me once, too. I believe it was before the X.1 Update was installed, though.

It was the strangest sensation, I thought it was my imagination until I used each iteration differently and they both worked.

Later, I talked to Steve Szoczei about it and neither of us could figure out what happened or why it happened. (At least that's how I remember our conversation.)

It's never happened again. I just tried to launch Painter X.1 two times (at the same time)... and it appeared Painter X.1 was going through the motions of launching the second time, but there was still only one Painter X.1 open.

Strange, eh?

Hope you're enjoying our beautiful weather, neighbor!

#

tomt
05-04-2008, 03:27 AM
I can do this at will. Regardles of images or anything else, and I can work with one incarnation, and then go to the other. But for my old mind, just a little bit too confusing. I wonder if having a dual core computer has anything to do with it as Painter only operates on a single core at anyone time.

xiaoclement
05-27-2008, 04:10 PM
i have the same problem with mac, one i restart my mac, and then cant start the Painter. and i try to reinstall the programm, nothing changed.
then i found the folder ''corel'' is lost. i can t found it in "mac/librairie/application support/". so i creat it manully a folder "Painter X" and put the "Default" in it(because it's the second time i lost it, the first time i reinstall the leopard system).

i saw the same problem happened on anotherone http://forums.cgsociety.org/archive/index.php/t-587203.html

but he found the corel folder in his PC. i dont know how could i find the mien in Mac.

i hope someone can help me, thanks.

kraal
06-02-2008, 03:22 AM
you guys should really start your own thread or email corel ... this thread is about something completely different so someone with the answers may not even be looking at this thread....... a simple solution would be ' stop opening so many copies of your software.

CGTalk Moderation
06-02-2008, 03:22 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.